• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn Woods being honored for senior night

Craw hasn't had a ridonculous year, but his career will stack up pretty well historically at Wake after next year. If he keeps up the stats of the past three years, he'll be:

Scoring- Top 10 (probably #8 or #9)
Assists - Top 5 (most likely #2 or #3)
Steals - Top 4
3 pointers - Will probably end up #6

But reading these boards, he really sucks...

He needs 14 points I think over the final 3 games to cement his spot at 16th overall in all-time per game avg scoring at ~15.3 ppg, which keeps him slightly ahead of Chris King at 15.23 ppg. But he would have a bit of work to do to catch Justin Gray at #14 (16.22 ppg) when you consider the volume and prolific scoring ability of JG.

Had Craw been able to improve his stroke to 37% or so, make better decisions in terms of when and what types of shots to take and cut down on some of the silly turnovers, he might garner consideration as a Top 25-30 player in Wake history. But the wins aren't there -- which isn't necessarily his fault -- but we severely underachieved last season and now we don't know if BC will even stay for year 4. If he does, then he has a chance to really elevate his status in Wake BB lore.

ETA: Crawford would need to average roughly 18 (17.95) per game over his final 35 games as a Deac. I'm giving him 3 more this year and 32 next year with 1st round losses in both tourneys.

Last edited:
The difference between 35% and 37% on threes is one make in 50 attempts which is about 3 makes/year. That is the very definition of within the margin of error and negligible.

The difference between 35% and 37% on threes is one make in 50 attempts which is about 3 makes/year. That is the very definition of within the margin of error and negligible.

You're cherry picking a stat. Argue the overall point. He has NOT improved as a decision-maker. He was arguably a better player his frosh year than this year. Remember Robert O' Kelley?? It happens.

That's not to say he isn't a very good player, but he's not great. He's several "things" away from being a great player and Wake legend.

Absolutely disagree on the premise that BC was better as a frosh. He's carrying this team. Yes, he makes mistakes, but he's better than he was.

When did I say Craw is "great"? Please show the entire post where I did.

Last edited:
Absolutely disagree on the premise that BC was better as a frosh. He's carrying this team. Yes, he makes mistakes, but he's better than he was.

When did I say Craw is "great"? Please show the entire post where I did.

I'm just going off you're adamant continuous defense of him ad nauseam on this forum. But if you're only doing it to fight against the uber negativity of this board, then I commend you. ;-)

He was better. He won games for us as a freshman. Overall, he was pretty damn good statistically for an unproven, untested frosh. He finished better at the rim and seemed to attack more than this year. Maybe he was just lucky in that he wasn't the focus of early-season scouting reports, but he was a bit more selective (fewer heat checks) with his shot selection and doesn't shoot it much better this year than his rookie campaign.

Yes, he had issues with trying too many circus passes that year, but I feel like that is a better t/o than getting stripped, picked and fumbling dribbles. He just hasn't seemed as locked in this year, or he swings too far to the other end and lets the pressure of being great ruin his effectiveness, IMO. Maybe there has been some other stuff going on this year -- and junior year is VERY tough academically at Wake (not just on Tuesdays). But I digress, this is a thread about Danny's credibility as a coach, not Crawford's potential as a star player.

ETA: Ooopsie! Forgot what thread I was on! LOL

Wow, until this story came out I didn't think there was any chance this was his final year at Wake.

But next year we will be bigger at guard with Chaundee moving to SG and adding Wright and Lewis.

We were also grossly undersized by playing Key and even Craw or Wilbekin at SF.

No way Chaundee plays the 2. Manning will not do that.

But next year we will be bigger at guard with Chaundee moving to SG and adding Wright and Lewis.

We were also grossly undersized by playing Key and even Craw or Wilbekin at SF.

If Chaundee were a SG he'd be playing there now. Wright and Lewis are not going to contribute much next year.

I'm just going off you're adamant continuous defense of him ad nauseam on this forum. But if you're only doing it to fight against the uber negativity of this board, then I commend you. ;-)

He was better. He won games for us as a freshman. Overall, he was pretty damn good statistically for an unproven, untested frosh. He finished better at the rim and seemed to attack more than this year. Maybe he was just lucky in that he wasn't the focus of early-season scouting reports, but he was a bit more selective (fewer heat checks) with his shot selection and doesn't shoot it much better this year than his rookie campaign.

Yes, he had issues with trying too many circus passes that year, but I feel like that is a better t/o than getting stripped, picked and fumbling dribbles. He just hasn't seemed as locked in this year, or he swings too far to the other end and lets the pressure of being great ruin his effectiveness, IMO. Maybe there has been some other stuff going on this year -- and junior year is VERY tough academically at Wake (not just on Tuesdays). But I digress, this is a thread about Danny's credibility as a coach, not Crawford's potential as a star player.

ETA: Ooopsie! Forgot what thread I was on! LOL

Your second sentence is dead on.

He has to carry this team for us to win. As a frosh he had many, many more options than he does this year. He has to try to do more this year.

He's trying too hard this year. I'd love to see how many shots he had to take this year in the last 5-7 seconds of the shot clock.

If Chaundee were a SG he'd be playing there now. Wright and Lewis are not going to contribute much next year.

Chaundee played the 3 because the only other person of height, size, and agility was Melo and he obviously wasn't ready to contribute anything this year. Chaundee can play the 2, he need only improve his ball handling.

Chaundee played the 3 because the only other person of height, size, and agility was Melo and he obviously wasn't ready to contribute anything this year. Chaundee can play the 2, he need only improve his ball handling.

Oh good ! I'm so optimistic that we'll have a new SG who has almost no experience playing the 2 in college and needs to work on his ballhandling !

Back