• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kirk Dbag Herbstreit

awakegirl

Reaction score
I’d love to know what we did to this guy. Not enough to constantly bash us when discussing our own games, but now repeatedly saying things like last week was our “super bowl” and Clemson was a “different team” last week because they thought we were such an easy win. I hate the guy.

There is something up with that guy. There is no accident we didn't have Gameday. This has moved well beyond "normal". If anyone knows an inside angle, I would love to know it. But, it is becoming more than CLEAR he has some vendetta with Wake Forest.

I think it’s nothing more than Kirk thinks programs like Wake should just be patsies for the big programs like Clemson, FSU, etc to abuse and it pisses him off to even have to talk about Wake Forest football unless it’s to make a joke.

He's just mad he has to go to Boston next week now instead of Raleigh since we beat the 'Noles. Can't blame him for that

I think it’s nothing more than Kirk thinks programs like Wake should just be patsies for the big programs like Clemson, FSU, etc to abuse and it pisses him off to even have to talk about Wake Forest football unless it’s to make a joke.
Yep. He follows college football today but still sees it from the lens of the 80s and 90s.

I may have thought that during our own games, but he talked about us almost as much as he discussed State tonight. His entire analysis was given in context with the game against Wake. Even name checked Sam in a shitty way.

I’d love to know what we did to this guy. Not enough to constantly bash us when discussing our own games, but now repeatedly saying things like last week was our “super bowl” and Clemson was a “different team” last week because they thought we were such an easy win. I hate the guy.
Wonder if he even watched the game. Our receivers absolutely destroyed the Clemson secondary because, well, they were just better.

In October to see a CFB game? I would, though as a New England refugee I am bias
As an aside, we have a good Wake contingent for the BC games and my kids got so much player facetime after the game last year. And it’s still early October and generally beautiful here at the moment.

There is something up with that guy. There is no accident we didn't have Gameday. This has moved well beyond "normal". If anyone knows an inside angle, I would love to know it. But, it is becoming more than CLEAR he has some vendetta with Wake Forest.
Likely Wake rejected his application as a kid.

Too stoopid to get in....

its weird how he seems to have a vendetta against us.

herbie is a symptom of the problem. It blows my mind to be honest — we have tons of great “storylines” you could pull from. Sam in particular with the blood clot and oh, idk, being one of the top all time QBs in the ACC record books. We score a lot of points. Our games are fun. You see them practically cream themselves to anoint Cinderellas like Kansas but they’d never give Wake that same coverage.

Instead they choose to hype up the Devin Learys and Miamis and FSUs of the world because it’s easy and requires no effort. You don’t have to watch any football if your job is to pick the most recognizable player on a “bigger market team” and write an article about how this might finally be the year he doesn’t suck. In the eyes of the media, the ACC can’t be strong if Clemson isn’t undefeated, but we can’t be legit unless we beat Clemson — and if we had, the narrative would be “down year for the Tigers and the ACC”

Luckily Clawson and company keep winning, but it’s gonna take a long time for the above to realistically change

Last edited:
Likely Wake rejected his application as a kid.

Too stoopid to get in....
Yeah, I'm sure he was really pining for that Wake offer over the Buckeyes.

But he's a douche these days, and even a lot of tOSU fans don't like him. Part of the reason he moved his family to Nashville was due to the issues he had with tOSU fans. He sucks Dabo and Clemson off far, far too much.

Who would prefer going to Raleigh over Boston?
Literally anyone who hates shitty traffic, would prefer a great game day atmosphere, better weather etc.

Although I will give respect to Dunkin Donuts smokin Krispy Kreme.

Back