• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kirk Dbag Herbstreit

I think it’s nothing more than Kirk thinks programs like Wake should just be patsies for the big programs like Clemson, FSU, etc to abuse and it pisses him off to even have to talk about Wake Forest football unless it’s to make a joke.

This. In his opinion Wake being good is bad for ratings so he's going to root for Clemson, FSU etc to be good.

My understanding from someone I met last week who was in town from Ohio was that his kid goes to school with Herbstreits kid and plays on the same football team. Herbstreit still lives in Ohio outside of Cincinnati.

My understanding from someone I met last week who was in town from Ohio was that his kid goes to school with Herbstreits kid and plays on the same football team. Herbstreit still lives in Ohio outside of Cincinnati.

They are maintaining their home in Nashville and renting in Cincinnati where his son is going to high school where Sean Clifford went, based on the quarterback system.

They are maintaining their home in Nashville and renting in Cincinnati where his son is going to high school where Sean Clifford went, based on the quarterback system.
It just seems so douchey to move states for a high school athletic reason. I dunno, just seems dumb as hell. Are there no good HS football teams in Nashville?

It just seems so douchey to move states for a high school athletic reason. I dunno, just seems dumb as hell. Are there no good HS football teams in Tennessee?

FIFY.

And no, there aren't. If you want decent talent, you have to look in the Memphis area. But if you're going to transfer out of town, you might as well go back home to Ohio.

for those that really care about Herbstreit's kid, he is attending the same high school that produced Chris Mack, Luke Kuechly, and Tom O'Brien, of interest to NC-based sports fans

His other two kids played at a Nashville high school. Facilities are pretty amazing at some of the Nashville area private schools. Maybe he burned some bridges...

You think he was copying and pasting his ACC Atlantic power rankings and got confused, or is this actual praise?

His “all six fans” comment may have been one of the best things he could have said to guarantee a sell out in the Deacons backyard.

I think some people believe the sports anchors really have in depth knowledge of every team. I would say outside the Top 10-15 teams most of them know almost nothing about teams below that. They’ll talk generically about them but what’s the point of doing deep dives in those teams? Most are not going to go out of their way to pick a team like WF for an upset. They’ll look at current history to make those picks. I remember years ago Chris Berman on ESPN was doing a panel discussion pick of who would win in the NFL playoffs. It was a time when the 49ers were in their groove. He picked the 49er’s. Someone asked why and he said “until they prove me wrong, I’m sticking with them”. I feel Herbie is kind of the same way, just pick the name brand schools and go with it. Who's going to remember next week?

I think some people believe the sports anchors really have in depth knowledge of every team. I would say outside the Top 10-15 teams most of them know almost nothing about teams below that. They’ll talk generically about them but what’s the point of doing deep dives in those teams? Most are not going to go out of their way to pick a team like WF for an upset. They’ll look at current history to make those picks. I remember years ago Chris Berman on ESPN was doing a panel discussion pick of who would win in the NFL playoffs. It was a time when the 49ers were in their groove. He picked the 49er’s. Someone asked why and he said “until they prove me wrong, I’m sticking with them”. I feel Herbie is kind of the same way, just pick the name brand schools and go with it. Who's going to remember next week?
But we are top 15..................:cool:

Well I mean consistently. It IS nice to open the ESPN scores app and be able to leave it on "Top 25" and see WF there, vs having to select "ACC".
I knew what you meant and I think you're right in your assessment of the talking heads and the teams they focus on.

How many fans would get the joke? 4? 5 tops?

Well if it’s 5 then you’ve got all 6 accounted for
If Game Day ever comes back to Wake, it would be funny to have six (and only 6) Wake fans show up in T shirts labeled " Wake Fan #1" through Wake Fan #6 be the only fans to initially show up when they start the broadcast. That would be epic.

Back