• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Breakdown of the Liberty Universtiy Flames ("LU", "JFU", "Homophobe U",

Seriously, I would like some explanation as to why Doral Moore looks gassed after 4 minutes as a junior.

It is just mind boggling with a college strength and conditioning program that a junior would be like this.

probably dies not exert himself sufficiently during conditioning

There is no way we fire Manning with the excellent incoming recruiting class

That is for damn sure. I am guessing he is here 6 years from now and probably will still have no idea what he is doing.

There is thread after thread and post after post after post praising Manning over the last few months. Constant posts praising the job Manning is doing. I would say 90% of the posts on the boards in the last 9 ,moths have been in praise of a manning and the job he's doing and the trust in him to get the program where it should be.

And then there's the posts on this thread based on the last 5 days.

Manning looks pretty good when he is recruiting. Not so much once the ball is tipped.

It's safe to say that Manning isn't going to out-coach other teams, so he better have teams that have more talent, and that certainly doesn't appear to be the case this season. Hopefully next year's class is the start of a run of great recruiting classes. If not, Manning isn't going to last much longer. For the time being, it looks like last year's frosh class has really killed us. 3 guys that it looks like will contribute absolutely nothing through their first 2 years, and one guy that appears to be a serviceable back-up at best. We lose two key guys early, and end up with one and half guys that can contribute right away in the last 2 recruiting classes. That's bad math.

Last edited:
It's safe to say that Manning isn't going to out-coach other teams, so he better have teams that have more talent, and that certainly doesn't appear to be the case this season. Hopefully next year's class is the start of a run of great recruiting classes. If not, Manning isn't going to last much longer. For the time being, it looks like last year's frosh class has really killed us. 3 guys that it looks like will contribute absolutely nothing through their first year, and one guy that appears to be a serviceable back-up at best. We lose two key guys early, and end up with one and half guys that can contribute right away in the last 2 recruiting classes. That's bad math.

Manning had much more talent in these two games. Did not help.

Simple solution- as a football/futbol school bring arena football and indoor soccer to The Joel and dump basketball.

I remember making a post early two years ago about the obvious chemistry between our players (and later how the return of CMM destroyed it). I have seen none in the first two games. Sarr and Thompson would roll open and not see the ball while we died on the outside jump shot and one on many basketball. No flow to the offense that I could discern

Seriously, I would like some explanation as to why Doral Moore looks gassed after 4 minutes as a junior.

It is just mind boggling with a college strength and conditioning program that a junior would be like this.

Well, I would like an explanation why Wilbekin plays more than 5 minutes a game. I don't think I have ever seen a guy that plays as much as he does that is more of a negative mismatch. A 5'10" guy with limited athleticism that can't finish at the rim, doesn't have the ability to drive and dish, and repeatedly gets exposed on the defensive end. Yeah, he gets hot every 2 or 3 games and knocks down 3-4 threes; however, I bet for every 10 points he scores, he easily costs us 30.

Well, I would like an explanation why Wilbekin plays more than 5 minutes a game. I don't think I have ever seen a guy that plays as much as he does that is more of a negative mismatch. A 5'10" guy with limited athleticism that can't finish at the rim, doesn't have the ability to drive and dish, and repeatedly gets exposed on the defensive end. Yeah, he gets hot every 2 or 3 games and knocks down 3-4 threes; however, I bet for every 10 points he scores, he easily costs us 30.

Seems like a competent coach would notice such.

I have no explanation for Wilbekin. Particularly with a 4 guard lineup.

Yes but we gave major minutes to 2 players who are NOT as talented as the opposition.

Wilbekin needs to graduate in December. Chill needs to play limited minutes until he learns how to shoot and pass again. The 4 guard lineup experiment should be over. Play Melo, Mitchell, SJM, the walk on, Sarr, Moore and Thompson, making sure 2 of them are in the game at all times. And play some fucking zone from time to time. An offensive set other than high pick and roll would be appreciated too.

Back