• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Breakdown of the Liberty Universtiy Flames ("LU", "JFU", "Homophobe U",

2 games in a row. Still he gets major minutes.

Because it's him or Wilbekin. Last year's freshman class is really hurting us. Two classes have yielded one ACC starter caliber player.

Okay I'm going to go on a bit of a rant here cause i went to the game and was absolutely disgusted with what I saw. I left with over 10 minutes to play.

How in the fuck do we get out rebounded by 11 by a team that's tallest player is 6'8? The reason we lost both these first basketball games is because no one on our team outside Chaundee is playing like they give a shit. I haven't played real competitive basketball in 6 years and I swear on my life I could've gone out there and rebounded better than every single one of our guards tonight. I can live with a bad shooting night and that causing us to lose - but I cannot sit there and watch a bunch of division 1 athletes give zero effort for 35 minutes of a basketball game. I'm sitting at home typing this trying to figure out if this is a player problem or coaching problem and come to the conclusion that it has to be both. Manning should not have to teach ACC basketball players to crash the boards and box out but looks like he's going to have to start.
What really gets to me is: do we have a single player on our team with a competitive bone in their body? When I played i wasn't the best athlete, I wasn't going to go out there and break anyones ankles or dunk on anyone, but Jesus Christ i was competitive and put in the effort to be the best defender on my team and second in rebounds to our center. All it takes is aggressiveness and EFFORT. If we gave up an offensive rebound or two I would get pissed off and crash the boards harder than anyone in the gym and Id get the damn rebound (if not, I'd foul the shit out of someone in the process because I was pissed off). When is either one of Keyshawn or Bryant going to figure it the fuck out and go after the basketball rather than just watching the shot waiting for a kick out? its just flat out embarrassing.
I have been a staunch "Brandon will be a very good Deac" guy but he's looked awful. Wilbekin might be bottom 3 players in the ACC.

Keyshawn and Bryant need to get their shit together, be leaders and be fucking competitive. Pick up the slack of losing 20 rebounds a game and go after every shot, every loose ball.

Also, all you people who hated Dinos look really stupid right now. He was our second best rebounder and would be the best rebounder on this team by a large margin. we miss him a shit ton. Dude would probably average 10+ rebounds a game on this team.

Because it's him or Wilbekin. Last year's freshman class is really hurting us. Two classes have yielded one ACC starter caliber player.

Crawford must get more minutes along with Woods and Brown. Tonight with 5 minutes left Manning substituted Childress for Crawford, he promptly took a bad 3 and threw a pass directly to Liberty. Can't make that switch in crunch time.

Crawford must get more minutes along with Woods and Brown. Tonight with 5 minutes left Manning substituted Childress for Crawford, he promptly took a bad 3 and threw a pass directly to Liberty. Can't make that switch in crunch time.

Does it all the time. Takes best players out down the stretch. Not a good strategy

This is obvious, but for some reason Manning really likes Wilbekin.

Wilbekin and Childress have shot a combined 3 for 27 to start the season; Chill also has 9 TOs in 2 games; the duo is also putting no pressure on the opposing defenses getting to the line for a combined 2 foul shots in 92 minutes. Keep in mind these beyond awful performances have come against Liberty and GA Southern. Seems ridiculous to play two such unproductive players for a total of 92 minutes. Particularly, when going small creates defensive and rebounding weaknesses.

Wilbekin and Childress have shot a combined 3 for 27 to start the season; Chill also has 9 TOs in 2 games; the duo is also putting no pressure on the opposing defenses getting to the line for a combined 2 foul shots in 92 minutes. Keep in mind these beyond awful performances have come against Liberty and GA Southern. Seems ridiculous to play two such unproductive players for a total of 92 minutes. Particularly, when going small creates defensive and rebounding weaknesses.

They played 43 minutes tonight even though Crawford, Woods, and Brown combined for 96. There should only be 24 minutes left. Actually fewer considering neither of them is a 3.

It's one thing to run 4 guard lineups with 4 or 5 good guards. We have 3. And they aren't even THAT good.

I remember making a post early two years ago about the obvious chemistry between our players (and later how the return of CMM destroyed it). I have seen none in the first two games. Sarr and Thompson would roll open and not see the ball while we died on the outside jump shot and one on many basketball. No flow to the offense that I could discern

Agreed. 26 made baskets and only 9 assists - those numbers would tend to suggest that our guards aren't exactly sharing the ball.

KP Breakdown of the Liberty Universtiy Flames ("LU", "JFU", "Homophobe U",

Watched game on replay.

If we don’t figure out how to rebound, it’s going to be a very long season.

Overall performance similar to the Georgia Southern game, except we couldn’t shoot tonight. Team was definitely pressing on offense. A lot of hero ball.

Childress played an absolutely terrible game. Wilbekin, as everyone has been saying, is worthless if not hitting open 3s.

Moore played much better. He and Sarr should be OK by the end of the season as our rotation at the 5. Bigger issue is lack of wings, IMO. Getting killed on the glass.

I’ll be taking the weekend off from Wake hoops. $29.95 for FloHoops is a blessing, because otherwise I’d force myself to watch. Hope the road trip and 3 games in 3 days gives the team a chance to gel.

I still think we pull it together and go like 8-4 OOC just because our OOC schedule is such a joke. But conference play will be ugly.

Pretty much all Manning’s recruits have been overhyped by this board. If we get anything at all from Sarr this season it’ll be a blessing.

Collins and Dinos exceeded expectations. Crawford met expectations.

There were no expectations for Mitchell and few for Washington.

Back