• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - ACC Tourney Opener - Pitt/WF - Tuesday 4:30 pm - ACCN

The team seems to have a low BB IQ. Passing angles are terrible. No understanding of geometry.

Lil Chill is an OK ACC guy, he just had to carry way to much of the load. He is a 7 or 8 bench guy on a good team playing the #1 option shooter/scorer. We’ve been bad, shooting wise, for a while. We have some athletes but with poor coaching and poor shooting they just can’t win (consistently).

giphy.gif

I would like to know who the announcer was that advocated for Manning to get another year?

This has been going on all year on every telecast....heck it's been going on for most of 6 years.

Every broadcast crew has repeatedly harped on Manning the player....that Danny and The Miracles stuff....Kansas this Kansas that....the NBA career....the bad knees sob song.... over and over and over. Not heard ANYONE refer to his Wake record....the utter futility....THE FAILURE !

Honest to Gawd it's almost been scripted....continually.

ENOUGH already....please.

Yes. And he mentioned paint touches and getting to the line in his halftime interview. He's obviously trolling the fan base. I don't know if that's a good sign or a bad sign. I lean towards a good sign if he doesn't care if the fan base hates him.

I legitimately don’t think he realizes that “paint touches” has become a meme.

This has been going on all year on every telecast....heck it's been going on for most of 6 years.

Every broadcast crew has repeatedly harped on Manning the player....that Danny and The Miracles stuff....Kansas this Kansas that....the NBA career....the bad knees sob song.... over and over and over. Not heard ANYONE refer to his Wake record....the utter futility....THE FAILURE !

That is exactly what I said earlier about the media's love fest of Danny Manning.

I started to watch the game, but chose to watch Joker again instead.

Looks like I chose the right unfunny, despair producing clown that kills all joy.

F U Manning. I hope the door hits you in the ass on the way out. Repeatedly.
And take your sycophant staff with you.

Lil Chill is an OK ACC guy, he just had to carry way to much of the load. He is a 7 or 8 bench guy on a good team playing the #1 option shooter/scorer. We’ve been bad, shooting wise, for a while. We have some athletes but with poor coaching and poor shooting they just can’t win (consistently).

You're out of your damn mind.. Lil Chill makes so many bad decisions and you sound like the commentators talking Danny Manning and Lil Chill up about how good they are. They suck man. Danny sucks and so does the ideal of having Randolph on the coaching staff causing I'm sure weird pressure for the coach. It's all a cluster uck... I'm just disappointed at the entire program.. It sucks to be a avid fan of this team..

Amazing how formulaic that loss was. Good offense early but awful defense, other team makes adjustments in the 2nd half but we don't. Crunch time features panicked hero-ball that leads to extended minutes without any field goals, we lose. Kids deserve better, just another game where we looked like the better team for a lot of minutes but can never extend or hold leads. Just awful.

Amazing how formulaic that loss was. Good offense early but awful defense, other team makes adjustments in the 2nd half but we don't. Crunch time features panicked hero-ball that leads to extended minutes without any field goals, we lose. Kids deserve better, just another game where we looked like the better team for a lot of minutes but can never extend or hold leads. Just awful.

It only took a decade, but DCDeac, I agree with you 100%. Just awful.

The sign of an insecure person is that they can never, ever allow any of the fault to be placed on themselves. He is forever blaming what the team failed to do and just never owns any of it. I think he knows he is in way over his head and is afraid to make any mention of his flaws because it will be like the emperor finally admitting he has no clothes on.

I don't see how someone with this degree of insecurity about his abilities can lead young people, especially in such a high profile spot. And the players never seem to care that their coach doesn't hold himself accountable and only blames them.

There is another thing that happens in a lot of our games though. The color guy will be critical about different fundamental things the team does poorly. Defensive rotations are too slow, poor closeouts on shooters, poor angles when trying to pass inside, etc. However, they act like it is just an anomaly for that specific game - like the players are just off a bit that game. They don't get that that stuff happens pretty much every game, and that they are really just watching a poorly coached team.

Guess that the team didn't want to expend any defensive effort to play another day under DFL.

Can't say that we blame them. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! :mad:

There is another thing that happens in a lot of our games though. The color guy will be critical about different fundamental things the team does poorly. Defensive rotations are too slow, poor closeouts on shooters, poor angles when trying to pass inside, etc. However, they act like it is just an anomaly for that specific game - like the players are just off a bit that game. They don't get that that stuff happens pretty much every game, and that they are really just watching a poorly coached team.

This exactly..

Currie has ample reason to terminate based upon inadequate job performance/results. Whether he has the will and administrative support at the top is the real question.

Back