• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Syracuse Orange - Saturday Night - 8 pm - ACCN

Why does anyone even bother to watch our games?

Did not watch. Have not watched a complete game in over three years. Thanks to Wellman and now in Currie's lap. Like most, I sincerely hope a change in leadership will be forthcoming. But knowing LOWF; best to expect the unexpected!

This season was so predictable to all of us. We all absolutely knew we would have some talent but fail to finish games because of coaching. And we've known this for years. He never should have been given another season. We are losing so much money and time. I begrudgingly acknowledge Currie's newness bought DM thismuch of an excuse to stay, but now that has evaporated.

In the past the WF Athletic Dept has put a fire under its own tail with the "The Time is Now" marketing campaign [insert Grobe gif here]. Now you can't imagine them creating that sort of outward accountability with the fans.

3 full games behind Boston College. And if 4 of their top 7 hadn't of been out last time we played them, we would likely be 4 full games behind them.

That game had me pretty tense. Once Wake got up 4 and Syracuse had 3 of their players foul out, I was pretty concerned.

Syracuse seemed out of sync and unable to score. I was beginning to doubt Manning's ability to blow this game. Again, I underestimated a Manning coached team.
Childress flailing attempt to get free throws (the hallmark of a Manning coached team) and Sarr's subsequent 5th foul set the universe back on course.

After that, it was just a matter of how Wake would lose.

Good think they did not call the over the back on Syracuse on that last possession.

Keep stacking, coach Manning!!

Sarr's comments after the game are so telling when he says "there is always something positive about losing." That's the message he gets straight from Manning. Let's give the team a participation trophy and move on. Ridiculous.

When Manning gets fired, the new coach will have some talent to start with if he can convince Sarr, Chaundee, Oguama, Neath, Massoud and Mucius to stick around. I really liked what Neath gave us, he looks like the light is coming on for him and he can pretty much get wherever he wants on the floor with his strength

Sarr's comments after the game are so telling when he says "there is always something positive about losing." That's the message he gets straight from Manning. Let's give the team a participation trophy and move on. Ridiculous.
No one on the team seems to hate losing. Either big Chill has turned into a shell of his former self as he's aged, or he's just collecting checks and keeping his mouth shut.

Did anyone see the assistant coaches toward the end of the game. Even with the lead, their facial expressions on the bench tell it all. Like they know we are going to lose and there is absolutely nothing they can do about it because DM is in charge in his non black and gold suit/tie. Rex looks sick to his stomach. Randolph just looks mad and his face says “get me out of here”. Ernie is half asleep and I really don’t know what he does. I like all those guys, and I feel sorry for them being stuck in this situation. Unfortunately they all need to go and will likely all be looking for new jobs in about a month. But it’s just so sad to see. No fire. No smiles. DFL.

No one on the team seems to hate losing. Either big Chill has turned into a shell of his former self as he's aged, or he's just collecting checks and keeping his mouth shut.

I think at one time Lil Chill hated to lose, but to keep his sanity he is now conditioned to lose— but I think he loves to compete. Most of the others came to Wake knowing they were going to lose most of the time, not make the tournament, and just value playing at the ACC level , win or lose.

I think at one time Lil Chill hated to lose, but to keep his sanity he is now conditioned to lose— but I think he loves to compete. Most of the others came to Wake knowing they were going to lose most of the time, not make the tournament, and just value playing at the ACC level , win or lose.

My guess is, most of these recruits know they aren’t going to the NBA and that playing against ACC competition, win or lose, is good preparation for a basketball career in Europe or China.

No one on the team seems to hate losing.

Meh - These kids compete as they could have easily mailed it in last night down 16. But nobody deserves congratulations or participation ribbons for just playing hard.

Tough to overcome the lack of basketball IQ and leadership from the upperclassmen and lack of IQ (both basketball and in general) from the head coach.

The most obvious impression last night was that after we took the lead our guys were clueless as to what to do, particularly after Sarr fouled out. Actually it was a bit pitiful.

Back