• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Syracuse Orange - Saturday Night - 8 pm - ACCN

Massoud did good (long 3) then bad (dribbled into triple team and turnover. )

The thing is, it looked like it was actually Oguama that knocked the ball away from Massoud. As out of control as Massoud looked on that play, he actually got by the Cuse defenders, had a high dribble but it looked like he was about to control it, and then Oguama tried to grab it and knocked it away.

It’s weird to watch these late game failures and not even feel disappointed or the least bit surprised.

Agree, it really is surreal. Ten years ago I'd have been so keyed up after that ending that I'd have been awake all night. But the years of abject failure have inoculated me against any emotion. I turned on the last couple of minutes and watched them unfold with total detachment and neutrality.

We had one rebounder under the Syracuse basket for the rebound of the last shot. Why not crash the boards and also block out to make sure Syracuse doesn’t get the put back with only a couple of seconds left? Well, at least Manning didn’t soil his reputation and record with a come back win.

We get a game close then the clowns in the little car come riding out, making doodle circles and honking their horn before piling out and proceeding to trip and fall all over each other...

Yup. And an 80%+ FT shooter. Not ideal.

That may be my biggest pet peave - fouling a high pct FT shooter when there is still enough time to get it out of their hands. ANd of course Wake does that a lot.

Agree, it really is surreal. Ten years ago I'd have been so keyed up after that ending that I'd have been awake all night. But the years of abject failure have inoculated me against any emotion. I turned on the last couple of minutes and watched them unfold with total detachment and neutrality.

Another 20 loss season in reach for Danny's Deacs. :tard:

With 5:29 to go the Deacs had a 69-65 lead. They lost 75-73. The Deacon offensive possessions during the final 5:29. Childress turnover. Johnson turnover. Childress 3 miss. Brown 3 miss. White turnover. White 1-2 FT's. White turnover. White 3 miss. Massoud turnover. Massoud 3 good. White 3 miss. Summary...1-5 on 3's, 1-2 on FT's, 5 turnovers. Manning played with four guards and Oguama for 2:50 of the stretch run. His three senior guards committed four turnovers and missed three 3's. They scored one point. You would think Manning would learn. You would think the seniors would know better. Nah. Same shit, different game.

To put this in perspective, for those watching dook/UNC. Wake quickly was down 12 in the first half but kept it close until half time (8pts). We immediately gave up 8 and were down 16. From that point forward we outscored Cuse by 14 to close the game.

It is abundantly clear that a half decent coach is winning these games. We have enough talent, they just need some direction and coaching.

We need to go inside again and again and again....

Yet Saar and CB both had the ball flashing into the paint last 6 mins against their inexperienced bigs and passed for a corner 3. Poor Coaching yes but bad decisions by experienced players. 20 is still doable.

It’s weird to watch these late game failures and not even feel disappointed or the least bit surprised.

Yep. Childress fouling, the missed DREB, White bouncing the board off his leg, the missed FTs, our two shots to take the lead or tie being Massoud driving to the basket then taking (but burying) a very deep 3. Any of those would have had me jumping out of my seat 10 years ago. Now I just roll my eyes.

Back