• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Wooden Legacy Tourney - Arizona 9 pm Sunday ESPN (all times Eastern)

I've been in airplanes with more people than there were fans this afternoon.

For the record, REO did not perform today. Just sayin'.

d19d3715f125726258d3e4307be7a894.jpg

kevin-cronin-of-reo-speedwagon-visits-siriusxm-studios-on-april-16-picture-id1143106512

Last edited:
They are gold colored metal not yellow plastic.

I have never had crow's feet. Nor have I like REO much.

I thought I was looking at Doc Murphrey or his son Everett behind those gold rimmed glasses. I guess die hard WF fans stretch from Roanoke Rapids, NC to the Pacific.

I just gonna say it...RJ looks 10 years younger than the last time we saw him on TV.

Rj is also way tanner than that guy. That west coast living is treating him well.

i would imagine Arizona will bring a pretty good crowd Sunday night. We need RJ in the stands!

The season: Arizona is 8-0 and rated #19 in KP. They are an offensive juggernaut (#6) with a 61% effective FG%; their best win is a 90-69 beat-down of Illinois. The Wildcats shoot the ball well (43% from 3) and are effective inside (59% from 2). In its last 3 games, they have scored 104, 93 and 92. They play at fast tempo (offensive possessions average 14.9 seconds #18). AZ is not as strong defensively (#51), but they do force TOs (25% of defensive possessions result in a turnover (#23)). With an aggressive D, they do foul often (#225 in defensive FTA per FGA).

The lineup: AZ is young, deep and big. Against Penn last night, Arizona started 3 freshman G Nico Mannion (6-3), Wing Josh Green (6-6 - from Australia), F-C Zeke Nnaji (6-11). All 3 average in double figures. Mannion is a projected lottery pick. Green is a projected 2020 first round pick. Nnaji has played his way onto some 2020 first round draft boards. Against Penn, Mannion had 24 points on 11 for 14 shooting. In addition to the 3 stud frosh, Arizona starts 6-5 wing Dylan Smith (great shooter 44% from 3 -- senior transferred from UNC-Asheville) and 6-10 Duke transfer Chase Jeter (Jeter is shooting 63% from the field this year - he was 8 of 9 from the field against Penn). Off the bench, AZ brings in 6-4 Kentucky transfer Jermarl Baker (56% from 3!), 6-0 UC-Irvine transfer Max Hazard - was among UCI's leading scorer's last year), 6-9 Cornell transfer Stone Gettings and 6-7 Ira Lee, who appears to be the only contributor on the roster who is not either a transfer or a "one and done".

The bottom-line: KP projects a 79-71 Wildcat win. Think the line will be double digits and think that the game will be higher scoring as Arizona has been held under 83 only once in 8 games, and the offense seems to be improving. Tough matchup for the Deacs.

Last edited:
The season: Arizona is 8-0 and rated #19 in KP. They are an offensive juggernaut (#6) with a 61% effective FG%; their best win is a 90-69 beat-down of Illinois. The Wildcats shoot the ball well (43% from 3) and are effective inside (59% from 2). In its last 3 games, they have scored 104, 93 and 92. They play at fast tempo (offensive possessions average 14.9 seconds #18). AZ is not as strong defensively (#51), but they do force TOs (25% of defensive possessions result in a turnover (#23). With an aggressive D, they do foul often (#225 in defensive FTA per FGA).

The lineup: AZ is young, deep and big. Against Penn last night Arizona started 3 freshman G Nico Mannion (6-3), Wing Josh Green (6-6 - from Australia), F-C Zeke Nnaji (6-11). All 3 average in double figures. Mannion is a projected lottery pick. Green is a projected 2020 first round pick. Nnaji has played his way onto some 2020 first round draft boards. Against Penn, Mannion had 24 points on 11 for 14 shooting. In addition to the 3 stud frosh, Arizona starts 6-5 wing Dylan Smith (great shooter 44% from 3 -- senior transferred from UNC-Asheville) and 6-10 Duke transfer Chase Jeter (Jeter is shooting 63% from the field this year - he was 8 of 9 from the field against Penn). Off the bench, AZ brings in 6-4 Kentucky transfer Jermarl Baker (56% from 3!), 6-0 UC-Irvine transfer Max Hazard - was among UCI's leading scorer's last year), 6-9 Cornell transfer Stone Gettings and 6-7 Ira Lee, who appears to be the only contributor on the roster who is not either a transfer or a "one and done".

The bottom-line: KP projects a 79-71 Wildcat win. Think the line will be double digits and think that the game will be higher scoring as Arizona has been held under 83 only once in 8 games, and the offense seems to be improving. Tough matchup for the Deacs.

Thanks Pilch. These pre-game posts are one of the best parts of these boards.

Back