• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Wooden Legacy Tourney - Arizona 9 pm Sunday ESPN (all times Eastern)

Glad to be playing Zona. If these team wants to generate some hype and excitement, then win this game and beat PSU.

Can only beat the teams on your schedule but that wasn't exactly a high caliber win. Regardless, a good chance to win an in-season tournament on Sunday. Maybe Penn will upset Arizona tonight. Arizona is a twelve point KP favorite.

God damnit, we are going to win 6 ACC games and Danny will be our coach next year.

14 point win with 12 point expected margin means we’ll continue to shoot up the KP rankings!

Imagine if Pepperdine pulled off the AZ upset last night and we won this tourney with zero quality wins.

We actually fell one spot to #85.

Can Massoud stop taking dumbass shots and can he actually grab a rebound instead of losing it out of bounds?

Massoud has hands of STONE. Rebounds just bounce off, then he claps his hands. Got to keep his confidence up.

But he gives us some size, bigger than I thought. A legit 6’8. Playing more 4, when I thought he would be a 2/3.

Shoots terrible shots, but like his potential.

Neath, Massoud and Wynn stronger than I realized..weight room paying off. Surprised how all 3 look and Iguana also has high basketball IQ.

Issues are head coach.

Not sure if serious. LBSU had a 268 Kenpom ranking (353 teams) and 3-4 overall.

I should have phrased that better. I thought the Deacs looked solid, especially down the stretch, with good ball handling, free throw shooting, and rebounding.

You are correct, LBSU is not a solid team.

I should have phrased that better. I thought the Deacs looked solid, especially down the stretch, with good ball handling, free throw shooting, and rebounding.

They rattled Providence yesterday with their pressure. Wake didn't get flustered and made a living at the free throw line down the stretch. Excellent FT shooting all game by Wake.

d19d3715f125726258d3e4307be7a894.jpg

Glad I could oblige...BTW, as to the glasses, they are gold (not the precious metal).

This was the sporting event or concert I've ever been to with ZERO scalpers or people trying to dump tickets.

We had many more fans at the game than Long Beach.

I did get two reactions from the refs. The first was when they looked whether it was a two or three shot foul. One of the refs made a motion like our guy had undercut the shooter. When I said, "Really?", the other ref was irked. Later, the irked one said, "Let's us officiate." I replied, "I'd love to if you paid attention."

Woodberry's wife and daughter got into the game and were very nice. Chaundee's mom and dad really understand the game. His mom told me Chaundee isn't 100%. She's right he's more like 60% and was dragging his foot up and done the court. He needs a few weeks off to get healthy.

With a good coach, we could be competitive. I have no idea why Sarr doesn't play more. Massoud missed some shots, but they were good shots. Chaundee is stupid tough. He really has no business playing this week. With a good coach, Neath could be a really god player. Don't worry about him not shooting. The reason seems to be that he knows he can beat anyone off the dribble. He's very good on D and a smart ballhandler. Mucius should play more.

Danny thoughts- we have no clue how to play against a 1-3-1. We stop and let ourselves be doubled rather than attacking it. His subbing is beyond comprehension. He moronically has our bigs cover opponent bigs 20-30' from the basket. WTF, can stiffs do with the ball that far away, by doing so it opens up lanes for the guards.

Not sure if I'm going Sunday.

Glad I could oblige...BTW, as to the glasses, they are gold (not the precious metal).

This was the sporting event or concert I've ever been to with ZERO scalpers or people trying to dump tickets.

I did get two reactions from the refs. The first was when they looked whether it was a two or three shot foul. One of the refs made a motion like our guy had undercut the shooter. When I said, "Really?", the other ref was irked. Later, the irked one said, "Let's us officiate." I replied, "I'd love to if you paid attention."

Woodberry's wife and daughter got into the game and were very nice. Chaundee's mom and dad really understand the game. His mom told me Chaundee isn't 100%. She's right he's more like 60% and was dragging his foot up and done the court. He needs a few weeks off to get healthy.

With a good coach, we could be competitive. I have no idea why Sarr doesn't play more. Massoud missed some shots, but they were good shots. Chaundee is stupid tough. He really has no business playing this week. With a good coach, Neath could be a really god player. Don't worry about him not shooting. The reason seems to be that he knows he can beat anyone off the dribble. He's very good on D and a smart ballhandler. Mucius should play more.

Danny thoughts- we have no clue how to play against a 1-3-1. We stop and let ourselves be doubled rather than attacking it. His subbing is beyond comprehension. He moronically has our bigs cover opponent bigs 20-30' from the basket. WTF, can stiffs do with the ball that far away, by doing so it opens up lanes for the guards.

Good stuff. Thanks for the rundown.

Brown is clearly not 100%. Not sure why he’s playing aside from the fact that he’s tough. But the coaches should see that he’s not there yet.

Dude, you must represent on Sunday. It’s way too much fun playing Find RJ.

Plus, this is YOUR tournament.

And we actually look decent even with the crazy 4 guards and 1 big lineups.

Our shooting percentages have been horrible the past 2 games except for FTs. Good thing our defense and rebounding have been better than last year. We play better without Wright. He takes too many minutes from Mucious and Massoud.

i hear ya

With a good coach next year, having Chaundee and Neath playing D together would be really good. They are both strong, tough, long and intense. With Sarr behind them we could actually have a solid core D.

Don't worry about Massoud missing some shots today. They were all good shots. The pass that looked bad wasn't his fault. It was late and waaaaaaay behind him I was surprised he got his hands on it.

Neath is already ahead of Brandon in keeping his head up as he brings the ball up and sets up the offense.

Sarr was setting great picks today. We need to get him the rock on PnR and pick and pop.

It pissed me off that parking for an event that had under 300 people cost $18. Concessions were priced fairly. I couldn't believe the $100 "courtside seats" were soldout. What morons...

Another decent win. Shooting from the field ran hot and cold but the Deacs were money at the line. Good ball movement, probably the result of Brandon playing more like a SG than a PG. 19 assists on 30 made field goals with five players having 3+ assists. Six players in double figures.

Excellent rebounding on both ends of the floor. Defense has improved to this point. More energy. More help. More cohesion. The Deacs are playing a tighter D. They are up on their man even in the zone D. Fewer lapses of stupidity. I'm cursing at the tube less. Hope it continues.

RJ, you should go to the game Sunday. If by chance the Deacs won, your celebrity status could see an uptick. If they lose it's on Manning. Just a thought.

Maybe we should do a GoFundMe for one of those courtside seats.... :)

(Before you guys lose your minds-It's a joke. Plus, I consider courtside among the worst seats at any game and would hate sitting there. Although, if we got the same refs, they might hate it more.)

Beats losing to Gardner Webb or whomever, but these wins don’t do much to inform us how we’ll do when the real season starts.

Beats losing to Gardner Webb or whomever, but these wins don’t do much to inform us how we’ll do when the real season starts.

Well we will find out a lot if we play 'zona.

The truth is we don't have a signature loss or a good win to indicate where this team stands.

Back