• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Wooden Legacy Tourney - Arizona 9 pm Sunday ESPN (all times Eastern)

Deacs played well enough to win. Offense ran hot and cold both halves. They seem to play with more energy on defense and have fewer clueless moments. If they can limit their opponents to 56 points they will win, but that would be an expectation sure to fail.

Somehow convinced my family to watch this game with me. Deacs played one of their better games over the past 2 seasons.

Not sure if we are improving on defense or just running into cold shooting (or flat out bad) teams.

I hate Torry running the point, but it’s an interesting look with Childress playing the 2.

Brown was awful tonight... I’m sure he’ll bounce back.

Subs were as weird as usual, even with my expectations for them to be odd given 3 games in 4 days.

Will be interesting to see how Davidson and Charleston improve from here while we struggle through the ACC.

Not sure if we are improving on defense or just running into cold shooting (or flat out bad) teams.

I hate Torry running the point, but it’s an interesting look with Childress playing the 2.

Brown was awful tonight... I’m sure he’ll bounce back.

Subs were as weird as usual, even with my expectations for them to be odd given 3 games in 4 days.

Will be interesting to see how Davidson and Charleston improve from here while we struggle through the ACC.

Early foul trouble added to the usual substitution issues.

Entertaining family while this was going on, but it seemed like we played reasonable defense. Sarr looked pretty good on both ends today. We played from in front and kept them from ever taking the lead.

Certainly not a Bills v. 'boys came that makes me think our coach is 100% gone.

Can Neath shoot a jumper? He hasn’t taken a 3 this year. We sure miss Wright’s scoring! How long will he be out?

KP Projects a 78-66 WF win over Long Beach State.

For the first time since Dino was coaching, Wake has a top 100 defense. They are currently checking in at #99. It was a 10 year plan, but nice to see it come to fruition.

For the first time since Dino was coaching, Wake has a top 100 defense. They are currently checking in at #99. It was a 10 year plan, but nice to see it come to fruition.

Maybe the new assistant has convinced Danny that Wake players are capable of playing multiple kinds of defenses. Adding zone defenses and matchup zone defenses to Danny's preferred man-to-man keeps the other team guessing just a little more.

Pressure in the back court, even token pressure can disrupt offenses a little. With the substitutions happening like hockey line changes, use the fresh legs to pressure the ball in the back court.

Does this mean the hat has been hung?

He says he *might* be there tomorrow, depending on part on the weather.

It's stopped for the moment. It was a deluge for most of yesterday and last night. Even had to drive part of the way to T'giving dinner on the wrong side of the road due to flooding. Luckily, most of the through streets in OC are 4-6 lanes wide and there was room. I was stunned how little traffic there was.

My friend/fellow Deac and his son will be meeting me there later this morning at the Convention Center.

There is one ticket on Stubhub now. It must be held by a delusional drunk as he want $56 for a $30 face valued ticket to a game that no one will be attending. Hell, LBSU is only average a little over 2500/game at home.

I'll be wearing a yellow/gold Wake T-shirt.

Last edited:
A few more details on the Deacs matchup withe "The Beach":

LB State is 2-4 against D-1 teams, but they have played a tough schedule. They have wins over U of San Diego (#163) and Providence (#51) yesterday. Providence somehow blew a 49-32 2nd half lead.

LB State is big. #28 in height. In their 9 man rotation they use 4 players 6-9 or taller. As a big team, the vast majority of their points come inside -- 57% of their offense comes from 2s. They are a terrible FT shooting team (62%). They try to play up tempo (#58 -- 73 possessions per game). On defense, their strength is forcing turnovers, but they leave a lot of open 3 point shots (#333 in 3 point defense). Their two best players are 6-6 swing Chance Hunter (JUCO transfer) and 6-5 PG Michael Carter (Washington transfer).

Same as yesterday, when KP projected a 5 point WF win, and the Vegas line closed at Charleston minus 3, there is a big difference between the KP projection 78-66, and the line (WF -8). WF shot poorly yesterday (40% from 2, and 29% from 3) and still won easily. Would think WF is due for a better shooting game today against a team that doesn't defend that well (LB State gave up 104 to Arizona; 86 to Stanford; 81 to St. Mary's).

Last edited:
It's a terrible building. I can see why shooting isn't that good there. That facility is built far more for a home & garden show than bball.

It's a terrible building. I can see why shooting isn't that good there. That facility is built far more for a home & garden show than bball.

To further that point, 3 of the 4 games played in that Tourney yesterday went under. That said, Arizona/Pepperdine went way over (93-91).

I may have missed it but can someone provide an update on Sharone Wright Junior I noticed he wasn’t in the box score from last game

Back