• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP St. Joe's Preview 11:30 AM (YES AM) Thursday November 15

Really, this is what you take umbrage with? Are you someone who likes and is okay with doxxing? Or doxxxing if you're trying to drum up business to massage parlors?

Piss off.

It's not private information. It can't be doxxing by the very definition of the word. It's listed right here for anyone and everyone to see:
https://wakeforestsports.com/staff.aspx

I actually think Manning did a good job with Collins, but Collin's thoughts on the matter are kinda meaningless. Manning is all he knew. He has nothing to compare Manning to and no way of knowing whether Manning helped him more than anyone else could have. College players who go on to the NBA almost never have anything but positives to say about their college coach, even if their coach was K.

I agree with you that it has little meaning, I'm just saying it has more meaning than a couple posters saying he didn't do anything to help him at all. I definitely think Collins would've been really good regardless because of his athleticism and smooth shot, but Manning most certainly helped him. So I agree with everything you said.

Actually I have entered a very unusual schizophrenic state I have never experienced before. It is weighted with great sadness, but then sudden bursts of gut wrenching laughter at how bad it is thinking this can't really be happening and I'm really in some matrix type nightmare. No AD is allowed to do this to their program??? I will wake up shortly from this nightmare and will be back in the land where WF is a respectable competitive ACC bball program as we should be and not digressed below Sydney Lowe/Les Robinson NCSU type nosedive....

It’s where I’m at too. The bzz era took a lot out of me. Even in the down prosser & Odom years, I’d go through extreme lengths to watch, listen or follow our games. Even under bzz, I nearly watched every game bc despite the talent gap, we’d find a way to pull some upsets. The play-in game vs k state gave me hope again. Then last year happened and apathy for the first time kicked in. Last weeks opener happened and instead I let my kids watch muppet babies and I played with them instead. I have never had this level of apathy before. Unless I have literally nothing else to do ( highly unlikely with the kids), I don’t know if I’ll care again until DM is gone. Sad bc I supported him but he doesn’t have a clue if we continue to suck this bad defensively , game in and game out.

You may be right, but what's he supposed to say in that situation? He's not throwing his college coach under the bus in public regardless of how much of a train-wreck he might be.

I usually take the POV that he could just as easily say (essentially) nothing about Danny at all and just speak on his time at Wake in general/his teammates than he could say something really positive about Manning.

Danny sucks at game coaching, but let's pump the breaks on the "he didn't help Collins" talk. That's just wrong and Collins has talked about how much Manning helped him on multiple occasions.

My one main issue with a lot of posting on this board is making up things to complain about when there are countless real things to complain about. Let's stick to those, shall we?

Yeah, pretty much could have predicted that response. John Collins dunks on your defense of Danny Manning. So he taught him how to?? Box out? Pump fake? Oh wait, he pretty much never had to. Not to dribble the ball in the paint? Certainly didn't teach him much defensive positioning, but maybe he told him to avoid fouling and John listened. Amazing!!

Danny sucks at game coaching, but let's pump the breaks on the "he didn't help Collins" talk. That's just wrong and Collins has talked about how much Manning helped him on multiple occasions.

My one main issue with a lot of posting on this board is making up things to complain about when there are countless real things to complain about. Let's stick to those, shall we?

Collins was great when he showed up. After I saw him play two games, I posted that he was our best big man recruit since Rodney Rogers. IMO, DM player JC 15 minutes per game as a freshman to keep him for 2 years. He was one and done good notwithstanding his foul problems. DM taught him a lot, I’m sure. But it was no transformational coaching job.

This was an absolute fucking joke. St Joes is a pretty good team, but we suck. If anyone had any balls at Wake DM would be gone immediately, We have three legit albeit young players, Hoard, Muscius and Sarr. CHildress is an ACC backup. Brown is a stiff, and way overrated. No other ACC level player. Just a terrible situation. Cant coach and cant recruit.

Sad what has become of this program.

This was an absolute fucking joke. St Joes is a pretty good team, but we suck. If anyone had any balls at Wake DM would be gone immediately, We have three legit albeit young players, Hoard, Muscius and Sarr. CHildress is an ACC backup. Brown is a stiff, and way overrated. No other ACC level player. Just a terrible situation. Cant coach and cant recruit.

I'm not even sure this is true

No discipline on offense, No defense roation, simply running around chasing already set shooters which then allows for offensive rebounds. Too much one on one stuff, one on three breaks. Just pathetic.

Yeah, pretty much could have predicted that response. John Collins dunks on your defense of Danny Manning. So he taught him how to?? Box out? Pump fake? Oh wait, he pretty much never had to. Not to dribble the ball in the paint? Certainly didn't teach him much defensive positioning, but maybe he told him to avoid fouling and John listened. Amazing!!

"There are countless real things to complain about" is a defense?? Hop off your soap box.

I already said John would've been really good regardless, though I don't agree with 22 that he would've been one-and-done had Manning played him more. Really though? Never had to box out or pump fake? I'm not about to get into the entire game of basketball and what things he probably learned while at Wake. This is the kind of BS complaining I'm talking about though. Why not just talk about how we give up 15 threes a game and our defense is entirely inept because of how bad our scheme is?

I actually think Manning did a good job with Collins, but Collin's thoughts on the matter are kinda meaningless. Manning is all he knew. He has nothing to compare Manning to and no way of knowing whether Manning helped him more than anyone else could have. College players who go on to the NBA almost never have anything but positives to say about their college coach, even if their coach was K.

Kudos !

St. Joes came into the game shooting 44%. Today they hit 51.6%
St. Joes came into the game shooting 34% from 3. Today they hit 53.3%

"There are countless real things to complain about" is a defense?? Hop off your soap box.

I already said John would've been really good regardless, though I don't agree with 22 that he would've been one-and-done had Manning played him more. Really though? Never had to box out or pump fake? I'm not about to get into the entire game of basketball and what things he probably learned while at Wake. This is the kind of BS complaining I'm talking about though. Why not just talk about how we give up 15 threes a game and our defense is entirely inept because of how bad our scheme is?

Because it's obvious we're going to give up 15 3's a game and play inept defense. Talking about JC's skill-set, learned or otherwise, is actually nuanced and interesting. ;-) It's not worth debating and obviously I'm engaging in some post-blowout hyperbole, but John Collins DID NOT NEED Danny Manning. Hell, he probably needed very little coaching from anyone, just the basics etc. John is more than just a great athlete, he's a special dude with a great head on his shoulders. JC was/is going to find success no matter what. Not sure why folks want to over-grade the coaching of such players. Don't remember many here giving Dave Odom gobs of praise for letting Rodney Rogers loose on the court to terrorize the ACC? Credit for sealing the deal and getting out of the way. In fact, one might say GDO was willing to live a little with lackadasical defense because he knew RR, Chill and Tree could make up for it at the other end. Not so surprisingly that team lost to Bama in the '91 Tourney in similar fashion to our esteemed '16-'17 squad did vs that juggernaut K-St. And then again in '93 in spectacular fashion to Ky. Yeah, we weren't winning that game but to get outscored by one player (Mashburn) in the first half like that? Talk about terrible D.

Because it's obvious we're going to give up 15 3's a game and play inept defense. Talking about JC's skill-set, learned or otherwise, is actually nuanced and interesting. ;-) It's not worth debating and obviously I'm engaging in some post-blowout hyperbole, but John Collins DID NOT NEED Danny Manning. Hell, he probably needed very little coaching from anyone, just the basics etc. John is more than just a great athlete, he's a special dude with a great head on his shoulders. JC was/is going to find success no matter what. Not sure why folks want to over-grade the coaching of such players. Don't remember many here giving Dave Odom gobs of praise for letting Rodney Rogers loose on the court to terrorize the ACC? Credit for sealing the deal and getting out of the way. In fact, one might say GDO was willing to live a little with lackadasical defense because he knew RR, Chill and Tree could make up for it at the other end. Not so surprisingly that team lost to Bama in the '91 Tourney in similar fashion to our esteemed '16-'17 squad did vs that juggernaut K-St. And then again in '93 in spectacular fashion to Ky. Yeah, we weren't winning that game but to get outscored by one player (Mashburn) in the first half like that? Talk about terrible D.

I agree with what you said on Collins here. The biggest thing that I think helped him explode (that has to do with Manning) was playing in the type of offense we had - which is still what he excels at on the NBA level. I think Manning & staff recognized that and utilized it. It is their crowning achievement in 4+ years, which says a lot about the state of the program currently.

We really don't know how much Manning helped Collins. We have seen no similar jumps made by any of the other bigs here in the same time.

Logic says that Collins was just likely a really good player from the get go. He sure looked the part whenever he played.

why do people continue to think Sarr is an outstanding player?

Back