• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Last movie you saw in a theatre

TARDAWG

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
I honestly have no clue when or what the last movie I saw in a theatre was, but if I had to guess it was Finding Nemo when I took my kids. My wife does not like going to the movies, and neither do my kids. Solo guy in a movie theatre is not the look for me.

Since the last time a visited the theatre for your normal PG or R rated movie everything seems to have gone super action packed, with huge visual experiences, and a little too much computer generated effect for me. That and the developing of online streaming I just never have the desire to go back.

So what is the last flick you saw, and why do you rarely go and on the flip side, what makes you want to see a movie in the theatre?

It has been several years, I think the last movie I saw in the theater was the first Hangover. With kids, on the rare occasion that we can get a babysitter on a weekend night, I'm not wasting those precious few hours in a movie theater. Plus, a movie on my couch with a blu-ray player and a 60" TV close to my kitchen is more enjoyable to me than a theater.

Captain America: Winter Soldier

There are several out or coming out soon I want to see. Just trying to coordinate it with those that the GF wants to see as well. I enjoy going to the movies, especially for the big blockbuster ones. I have no problem seeing a movie by myself, it's actually a very enjoyable experience. Yes, I can wait and watch it on a nice tv but the whole experience of watching it with others on the big screen is fun and sometimes just better visually on the big screen.

Took my son to Amazing Spiderman 2. He liked it. I thought it sucked.

the holy grail on this thread would be bobknightfan coming in and telling us about how he stormed out of a theater in 1972 when he accidentally saw Deep Throat instead of The Godfather and he hasn't been back ever since because cinema in america_______

Under the Skin when it was at a/perture a couple months ago. Solo guy in a movie theater is pretty much the only look for me when I do go, which is probably less than 5 times per year and usually to see movies that don't get a wide release.

Neighbors. Was pretty great.

The Citeh in Decline has a few VIP theaters now that are 21+ with reserved seating and full bars. The guarantied separation from the hoi polloi for an extra $10 has brought me back in the fold.

Also, I live in the city so I dont have enough space for a massive screening room.

The Way Way Back

This is my last movie too. If my wife had her way we would go to the theater once or twice a week. I just can't do it but I agreed to go see The Way Way Back. Glad I did. Really funny little movie.

Saw a dbl feature of The Rover and 22 Jump Street this past Friday. The Rover is great, I recommend people who like dark, apocalyptic, violent stories check it out. Was very disappointed by 22JS.

I go to the theater all the time, I love it. Big screen, big sound, dark room, it's still the best movie viewing experience around.

Edge of Tomorrow. Was pretty good

Very similar plot to Source Code except with aliens.

Seen Frozen, The Lego Movie and the Muppets recently. Saw some adult movie, but I don't remember what it was. The adult movie before that was probably Gravity

Last edited:
Saw 22 Jump Street last week and Neighbors the week or 2 before that. I like going the the cheap theater on Stimulus Tuesday when you can get $2 popcorn and drinks.

Saw Edge of Tomorrow most recently. Loved it. Seeing Snowpiercer this weekend and can't wait. I have a Movie Pass so I see a ton of movies in the theater, usually at least one a week. I'm a huge movie nerd.

I can't remember the movie but I remember there was an ad for District 9 before it.

how to train your dragon 2

I just saw that on Monday. Saw Maleficent a few weeks ago with some friends. I do enjoy going to movies if others in the theater are respectful and if I can get a good seat and not have to crane my neck in the front row. Some movies are surely 10x better in theaters than at home (Gravity in IMAX 3D comes to mind) but others that would translate just as well at home, like comedies, I just wait to come on demand. Also the $2.50 theater on Peters Creek is a nice option. How to Train Your Dragon 2 at the Grand was I think $10.50. Ouch.

Back