• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Last movie you saw in a theatre

Skyfall in November, 2011. Before that it was Saving Private Ryan in March, 1998. I don't go to the movies much anymore.

Neighbors. We made a plan at the beginning of the summer that we would go every Tuesday, but that's fallen by the wayside. Planning a wedding will do that to you.

#humblebrag

Saw X-Men with my wife at a 3:00 Friday showing before picking up the kids from preschool.

If I want to see a movie my wife doesn't want to see, I'll usually just go Friday afternoon. That's typically once or twice a year though.

Kids: Frozen and Monsters University last year. Will be seeing the new Planes movie in a few weeks.

Last edited:
22 Jump Street. I try to go a couple times a month if there are decent enough flicks out there. I love the movie theater.

Godzilla. I get to maybe 5 movies a year at the theater. Will see more this year as still want to see Edge of Tomorrow and have plans to see Transformers, Guardians of the Galaxy, TMNT, Hunger Games, and The Hobbit

The Lego Movie. Other than kids movies, I have maybe seen 2 movies in the theater in the last five years.

Went last weekend to see Jersey Boys as I saw the play in Vegas last month.

It followed the play very closely and it was cool that the actor who played Gaudio the songwriter was in the Vegas play.

Is the guy's name really Gaudio? Do they kick him out of the band after they hit #1 on the charts?

Bob Gaudio was the songwriter in the group- he and Valli had the side deal later on for Valli to sing as a single.

Captain America The Winter Soldier. We are not big movie-goers but I do like to watch a couple blockbusters every year on the big screen. I haven't paid money to see a comedy or character drama in decades, those are not appreciably better on the big screen, but the whole surround sound giant picture (and occasional 3D) thing is worth a few bucks for the big action flicks.

I saw Iron Man 3 in one of those beer-serving, cushy recliner seating places. That was pretty cool.

Snowpiercer was fucking awful. Holy shit.

Back