• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Latest "My Take on Wake"

I really wish someone would ask him how he explains his 2-59 or what ever it is road conference record over the past 6/7 years of coaching. It is truly the most amazing stat I have ever seen.

Some of you twitter people should be sending that around to the reporters you follow/follow you.

When your beat guy spends half his column waxing about the other team and its next opponents, you know you're fucked.

I really wish someone would ask him how he explains his 2-59 or what ever it is road conference record over the past 6/7 years of coaching. It is truly the most amazing stat I have ever seen.

Some of you twitter people should be sending that around to the reporters you follow/follow you.

Dan has written about it in two or three straight articles. He knows the numbers. He's also asked in almost equal terms how [Redacted] can explain why we perform so poorly on the road and [Redacted] said almost verbatim "I can't answer that."

Maybe [Redacted] gets his players hookers after their pre-game meals on the road. Maybe they are worn out before tipoff.

By accident, he should have 5-7 road games against the mediocre ACC year during his tenure.

Dan has written about it in two or three straight articles. He knows the numbers. He's also asked in almost equal terms how [Redacted] can explain why we perform so poorly on the road and [Redacted] said almost verbatim "I can't answer that."

There is a difference between performing poorly on the road and having a 3% winning percentage. That number is AMAZING! It should be in print constantly. The next billboard should be 1-34 is historically competitive!

Wellman should be forced to acknowledge the number. "Are you satisfied with the job your Head BB coach is doing even though his road record in the ACC ia 1-28?" If yes, is that because when you hired him, his road record in the Big 12 was 1-23?"

That number is AMAZING! It should be in print constantly. "

I tried, homie.

Ja7pRZs.jpg

pmsof.jpg

Man, I hadn't looked back at these in a while....

iSrHYP0.jpg

Last edited:
If you tried to lose every road game, you could hardly do better. It is a remarkable statistic.

Made all the worse by the margins of our road losses. Fact is, we are not just losing road games but we are not even in them.

Fire Buzz and Wellman today!

Is there any other major conference team that has a road record that is remotely close to as terrible as Wake's during the last four years?

Is there any other major conference team that has a road record that is remotely close to as terrible as Wake's during the last four years?

The closest I can come up with is Colorado before [Redacted] came to Wake. No idea who that coach was though...

In all seriousness, DePaul has to be on up there too.

Bzz should stop traveling with the team. It can't get worse and battle has actually seen road wins.

DePaul is 4-27 on the road in the Big East over the same 3+ year period.

Guys-- it is going to do nothing to keep pointing out how bad Bzzz is. He beat UNC and that is enough for RW. He'll be here next year. Maybe we could save some money and just forfeit the rest of our road games. The odds are against us winning any of them and think of the $$$ we could save! :0 Also, we would be fresh for the ACC Tournament. Oh wait they are not playing it in the Joel!

Back