• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Latest "My Take on Wake"

I will agree with Wellman that the matter of control with the program did need to be addressed, but there is zero excuse for never being able to win on the road. Pretty puzzling that after most of those losses [Redacted] always says "Well, I just don't know what the problem is", or "You'll have to ask the players".

At the same time, it's not like Wake's played the Sister's of the Poor these last two games, Virginia and Pitt are very good teams. See them getting whipped at Clemson, but Virginia Tech may be a tossup.

I will agree with Wellman that the matter of control with the program did need to be addressed, but there is zero excuse for never being able to win on the road. Pretty puzzling that after most of those losses [Redacted] always says "Well, I just don't know what the problem is", or "You'll have to ask the players".

At the same time, it's not like Wake's played the Sister's of the Poor these last two games, Virginia and Pitt are very good teams. See them getting whipped at Clemson, but Virginia Tech may be a tossup.

Oh you do? Can you elaborate? What specifically needed to be addressed?

Oh you do? Can you elaborate? What specifically needed to be addressed?

Things like players beating up their girlfriends and passing out drink at stop lights, right? Also, pooping on iPads.

College kids do stupid things..color me surprised. We didn't have a lawless Wild West like they do in Chapel Hill. That place needs a makeover. Deputy Dog needs to step aside

Things like players beating up their girlfriends and passing out drink at stop lights, right? Also, pooping on iPads.

Yep, and those players are now gone. Let's not forget Johnson not going to class most of his sophomore year.

Yep, and those players are now gone. Let's not forget Johnson not going to class most of his sophomore year.

Johnson not going to classes would be the only one of the four that didn't happen under [Redacted].

How many players had to be dismissed during Dino's regime? Skip's? GDO's? Staak's?

The closest I can come up with is Colorado before [Redacted] came to Wake. No idea who that coach was though...

In all seriousness, DePaul has to be on up there too.

DePaul last made the post-season (NIT) in 2006-07. Since then, not counting the Big East Tournament (because the BET excluded the bottom 4 teams until 2011 I believe), they have gone 6-51 (0.105) in road conference games. In their most recent game, they won at Butler in double overtime.

Since 2010-11 they are 4-26 (0.133) in road conference games.

Over their worst 4-year stretch since 2007, 2009-2012, DePaul went 5-67 in conference games, 2-34 (0.056) on the road. Mindboggling, and yet...

Last edited:
DePaul last made the post-season (NIT) in 2006-07. Since then, not counting the Big East Tournament (because the BET excluded the bottom 4 teams until 2011 I believe), they have gone 6-51 (0.105) in road conference games.

Since 2010-11 they are 4-26 (0.133) in road conference games.

Over their worst 4-year stretch since 2007, 2009-2012, DePaul went 5-67 in conference games, 2-34 (0.059) on the road. Mindboggling, and yet...

Jeff [Redacted], the DePaul of coaches........

I will agree with Wellman that the matter of control with the program did need to be addressed, but there is zero excuse for never being able to win on the road.

He's right, you know. We didn't have nearly enough of that going on before [Redacted] was hired.

Wake basketball is like that long lost ex-girlfriend where you can't really remember her face or what your relationship was like...

I honestly don't remember even caring. I just quit watching the Pitt game with like 15 minutes left because it was obvious we weren't going to win.

Wake basketball is like that long lost ex-girlfriend where you can't really remember her face or what your relationship was like...

I honestly don't remember even caring. I just quit watching the Pitt game with like 15 minutes left because it was obvious we weren't going to win.

...and then you see her out in public and she's obviously a meth head now along with her sleazy new boyfriend. That part is needed to make the comparison to Wake basketball.

Back