• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Law School is a sham

Congrats! My son graduates from Campbell Law in May and will take the Bar in July. Hopefully, he can uphold Campbell's lofty first-time 90%+ Bar passage rate dating back to 1989.

http://law.campbell.edu/news_article.cfm?id=42731

My wife is a 1L there now, and it's been great. I think it's a poorly kept secret that the NCBE has gotten tougher in recent years as a way to push CSL out. Looks like it's working.

Damn thats pretty crazy about Charlotte Law. I know multiple people who went there a year and transferred out to other schools. Glad they got out. Also, thank you all for the congrats on bar passage. Got a job in Nashville working as an attorney for the state. Considering my average grades and propensity for fuckery, everything turned out pretty well. Of course, Im already wondering what the fuck I got myself into but id imagine thats par for the course.

plaintiffs are still in school, but the lawyers are from Raleigh and Wilmington.

Charlotte School of Law finally exposed as scam. This will end in the school being shut down.

I've heard that a good chunk of the laid off professors are now doing doc review.

Paid off the last of my loans today, had to tell somebody, so why not an anonymous internet message board!

On a somewhat related note, why do we allow federal loans (and GI Bill $$ for that matter) to go to for-profit colleges? Those places are the worst.

Republicans are all for siphoning public funds to for-profit educational ventures at all levels of education.

The Obama administration instituted rules that cut off loans for colleges in which the income to loan payment of the average graduate did not meet a certain benchmark.

--------
To qualify for federal student aid, the law requires that most for-profit programs and certificate programs at private non-profit and public institutions prepare students for "gainful employment in a recognized occupation." Under the regulations finalized today, a program would be considered to lead to gainful employment if the estimated annual loan payment of a typical graduate does not exceed 20 percent of his or her discretionary income or 8 percent of his or her total earnings. Programs that exceed these levels would be at risk of losing their ability to participate in taxpayer-funded federal student aid programs.

-----

https://www.ed.gov/news/press-relea...dents-poor-performing-career-college-programs

Sham or not, my son (Wake '14; Campbell Law '17) just got the good news today that he passed the Bar exam!

Let paying back his law school loan begin!

Sham or not, my son (Wake '14; Campbell Law '17) just got the good news today that he passed the Bar exam!

Let paying back his law school loan begin!

Good for him (and you). Passing the bar exam is a huge accomplishment and enormous relief for all involved.

Isn't the bar exam pretty easy?
First one for me (SC) seemed brutally hard but then NC two years later seemed easy - might be part of the huge mind fuck of bar exams. NC is NOT easy for a first time examinee.

Swearing in for TN is scheduled for Friday of this week - comity is a beautiful thing.

Last edited:
Back