• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Law School is a sham

I dated a Y&G person both my junior and senior years. The senior one was a Salem girl (whom you definitely know -- another heiress to the KK dynasty). Hamrick convinced me to break up with her, just like he did for no less than three of my other high school girlfriends.

Good ole Hamrick. I would love to see that kid some time. It's been probably 5 years

Good ole Hamrick. I would love to see that kid some time. It's been probably 5 years

I get to visit him fairly regularly. Not changed a bit from high school except for his copious drinking and drug use. Other than that, same old Spamrick.

I've decided to not be a little bitch and make my own route with this law school game. Took and internship at the state Capitol this semester and am now shooting to be a lobbyist. I feel like most kids that aren't getting jobs don't do anything to address it before they graduate.

You should tell your law school friends. They probably haven't thought about taking a non-paying internship at the state capitol as a means of escaping their six figure debt.

The speech I gave at Y&G when I ran for (and lost) the Lt. Governor election was the most nervous moment of my life. I was shaking like a mother behind that podium.

Glad I lost though because senior year was fun as shit. HJ and I drank beers the whole time and just ran fucking shop in the Senate. I created a voting block with a couple black guys from Dudley and all we did was dick around and destroy bills in chamber. Don't think I ever went to committee, as we skipped it to drink beers and go hang out with HJ's sister at NC State. Fun times.

Last edited:
I get to visit him fairly regularly. Not changed a bit from high school except for his copious drinking and drug use. Other than that, same old Spamrick.

He was awesome at AceOfWake's bach party. That's for sure.

Just wanted to fan the flames a bit - graduated in May, passed my state's bar, and currently have zero job prospects. I have no student loans, so it's not as dire as it could be, but it's still obviously not a great situation. I can make do, however, so whatever.

I have a buddy though who took out over 200k in loans to go to law school - he's a dumbass - and he recently found out he failed his state's bar. No idea how you crawl out of that hole.

You should tell your law school friends. They probably haven't thought about taking a non-paying internship at the state capitol as a means of escaping their six figure debt.

Paid internship. No loans. Suck a dick.

And furthermore, that's the kind of gay boy defeatist attitude that resonates throughout law school. If the traditional route isn't working, stop trying to take the traditional route. No big firm is gonna hire -- I don't give a shit.

Last edited:

And furthermore, that's the kind of gay boy defeatist attitude that resonates throughout law school. If the traditional route isn't working, stop trying to take the traditional route. No big firm is gonna hire -- I don't give a shit.

This really isn't a terrible attitude. We had a lot of classmates who started looking for nontraditional options early on in law school, and a lot of them landed somewhere they really like.

lol. Rich parents? ITT kid with no loans waxes poetic about bootstraps. No loans is dope though. Fuck, you didn't even need to go to law school to hang out at the state Capitol and pretend to be doing something.

lol. Rich parents? ITT kid with no loans waxes poetic about bootstraps. No loans is dope though. Fuck, you didn't even need to go to law school to hang out at the state Capitol and pretend to be doing something.

Ha, very true. I was fired up that day. Now im back to thinking law school is a sham. Life is complex.

Just wanted to fan the flames a bit - graduated in May, passed my state's bar, and currently have zero job prospects. I have no student loans, so it's not as dire as it could be, but it's still obviously not a great situation. I can make do, however, so whatever.

I have a buddy though who took out over 200k in loans to go to law school - he's a dumbass - and he recently found out he failed his state's bar. No idea how you crawl out of that hole.

hopefully he paid attention in bankruptcy class.

hopefully he paid attention in bankruptcy class.

He didn't even take it. Not only is he up shits creek without a paddle, but he doesn't even have a boat.

At least he didn't go thru with his idea of obtaining a Mediation LLM. Or his other idea of a Healthcare Law LLM. That would have added, what, an additional 40k? LOL

It probably beats jock sniffing.

Doubt it. My work-study was pretty awesome as those go.

On a related note to law school and its varying degrees of shamness, I was delegated the job of reviewing applicants' submissions in preparation for interviews tomo and I can't tell if I'm imagining it or the decrease in quality is true even at schools like Wake. I was also surprised at how many people already had graduate degrees, but felt adding another three years of debt to get a JD was what was going to put them over the top.

Back