• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lectro was RIGHT--post1626--(climate related)

Yeah, it's not like the oil industry has any money to pay a scientist that could legitimately disprove man made climate change.

The interpretation of the song lyrics have gone from playful to predatory. "Say what's in this drink?" is hard to defend.

You have sinned according the the Church of the PC. For penance, watch this commercial 10 times.

btw, you cannot talk to a pretty girl anymore (1:00 "Not cool. Not cool."), so there goes your social life.

the only saving grace here is that you cannot be excommunicated if you never joined

Yeah, it's not like the oil industry has any money to pay a scientist that could legitimately disprove man made climate change.

But the oil industry isn’t a bunch of selfish jackoffs like these scientists and their lavish grants. Oil tycoons are just humble job creators in search of the truth !

but, but, but I gotta tow the party line on global warming otherwise I wont get any grant money, or tenure, the results must confirm the theory

the good old left, happily politicizing science again for political gain and profit, for shame!

Science is precision testing and replication for verification. It is not like saying there is a all powerful being with no proof that is deciding that Trump should be President. There is absolutely no verification that there is anything after death or that there is a God. But...you put quantitative data in combination with qualitative research and the rubes think it is witchcraft! if you are not intelligent enough to put aside your science shortcoming to listen to professionals in the field (any field) then you are the very definition of a rube.

you are not a smart guy on this topic sailor, or a lot of topics. we all know this (including yourself) and your stubbornness to at least listen to or read about research from much more intelligent people than you, all over the world (not all grant money, some is donations or government lead), then you do yourself a disservice and are a disgrace. this is the crux of the reason people don't listen to you...you are very much Trumpian.

...sad!

Can we all agree that the world is in fact getting warmer and CO2 is playing a role in this, so we can get back to partisan bickerings and whataboutisms, thankst!

on the issue of global warming the science and the politics have gotten so entangled that a good degree of caution and a healthy skepticism is warranted

"Climate change can't be a problem, because even though each summer is hotter than the one before, it's been fucking cold as hell from the lack of warming currently!"
"I can't have a drinking problem, because even though I consume more and more beers every day, I haven't had any since the 20 last night and I feel like absolute shit from the lack of beer currently!"

Can we all agree that the world is in fact getting warmer and CO2 is playing a role in this, so we can get back to partisan bickerings and whataboutisms, thankst!

A huge problem for civilization is that we can not come to agreement on this.

but, but, but I gotta tow the party line on global warming otherwise I wont get any grant money, or tenure, the results must confirm the theory

the good old left, happily politicizing science again for political gain and profit, for shame!

That is such a load of crap. Grant money comes from the government. Climate change costs governments money. It would be much, much better for governments if it doesn't exist.

This is the most moronic of deniers' positions.

not adhering to PC orthodoxy in all matters does not make one a Trumpian

i don't care about politically correct orthodoxy but to always go the opposite direction on all PC issues is imbecilic and childish. it's not that you are not adhering, it is that you scoff at it without entertaining the possibilities and putting in the time reading and educating yourself. it is much easier for you to act curmudgeonly and stubborn. you can continue to sit on your fat ass and just say 'no'...that is Trumpian.

get off your ass and make your own decision through reading something besides regurgitating what comes from Fox or Trump. Do you know the difference between weather and climate? There is a nuance...and quantitative (able to be put into specific numbers and tracked over a period of time). are you also a flat-earther...that is PC orthodoxy. are you against evolution...too PC?

How about you apply some skepticism to the politics and not the science?

In rereading this post I’m not proud of it. Skepticism is essential in all science. But, the politicians are the ones that have politicized the data and the science. The political conversations should be about how we deal with the problem, the scientific conversation should be does the problem exist and what is the magnitude.

Apply your skepticism at least equally to the motivations of politicians for obfuscating near scientific consensus. The skeptical notion that scientists have some system of reward and profit for biasing data and research conclusions is not supported by reality. There are very few filthy rich climate scientist, whereas there are plenty of filthy rich politicians and businessmen that are profiting by denying climate change.

like I said, it is currently impossible to disentangle the politics from the science, so one can't help but be skeptical about any claims on the subject

Well yeah, one side believes in science, the other believes in a flying spaghetti monster.

like I said, it is currently impossible to disentangle the politics from the science, so one can't help but be skeptical about any claims on the subject

Wrong, it is not impossible. But you are unwilling because it’s more fun to see the libs get their hackles up.

Back