• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Legally Smoke Kills a Stoner

Screen-Shot-2014-08-10-at-12.05.38-AM-480x497.png

Screen-Shot-2014-08-10-at-12.06.36-AM-480x201.png

Worst case: Tony Stewart lost his temper and ran over this kid on purpose

Best case: Tony Stewart lost his temper and tried to scare this kid by gunning at him and narrowly miss / splash dirt on him , only to lose control and kill him anyways.

Both pretty bad looks.

But seriously, who even threatens to run over another human being with a massive automobile?

A sick fuck. That's who.

http://deadspin.com/reports-tony-st...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Tyler Graves, a sprint-car racer and friend of Ward's, told Sporting News in a phone interview that he was sitting in the Turn 1 grandstands and saw everything that happened.

"Tony pinched him into the frontstretch wall, a racing thing," Graves said. "The right rear tire went down, he spun on the exit of (Turn) 2. They threw the caution and everything was toned down. Kevin got out of his car. … He was throwing his arms up all over the place at Tony for most of the corner.

"I know Tony could see him. I know how you can see out of these cars. When Tony got close to him, he hit the throttle. When you hit a throttle on a sprint car, the car sets sideways. It set sideways, the right rear tire hit Kevin, Kevin was sucked underneath and was stuck under it for a second or two and then it threw him about 50 yards."

Dead on arrival. Just awful.

Real sad. I know nothing about NASCAR, is Stewart known as a hot-head? I could have sworn seeing him flip out on SportsCenter etc...

My best guess is Stewart wanted to make a point to the kid not to be running onto the track like that by gunning his engine and narrowly missing him but tragically miscalculated. Just sad.

Appears to be guilty of manslaughter and it is all on video. Curious to see how his lawyer gets him out of this.

This isn't the same as an old lady crossing the street. Ward takes at least 2 steps,deeper into the track, toward Stewarts car. It's not Fifth and Main. It's a fuck'n race track for christ sake. I might get sucked into a jet engine at an airport, but I don't worry about it walking on the side walk in front of my house. What "Due Caution" did Ward take?

What kind of dumbass goes running at a racecar?

Really shitty story, but dude should have saved that for the pits or something.

Certainly not being reported like the folks on the board are commenting. Lots of reference to it being dark, under yellow in a line and not seeing a driver on the track in all black.

Back