• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Legally Smoke Kills a Stoner

This takes a giant set of balls:
Stewart was unhurt, and plans to race Sunday in the NASCAR event at Watkins Glen, his manager said. The race is critical for his championship chances.

Also cops say it's being investigated as non-criminal.

I am going to have a hard time believing that Tony Stewart didn't see this guy. The dude had no business playing chicken with a race car, but you can't seriously tell me that he didn't see him. They whip around corners at high rates of speed and drive 8 to 10 inches away from each other. You didn't see the 6 foot tall human being gesturing for your attention? GTFO.

And driving in today's race doesn't help.

Tony Stewart is a massive douche, but it's hard to conceive of his intentionally trying to hurt, much less kill, someone. So fucked up and even more sad. RIP, Kevin.

Why is tony Stewart racing on a dirt track at midnight the night before a nascar race anyways?

He definitely saw the guy. He gunned it to get away from the guy like pretty much every driver does when someone gets out of the car and comes at you. I cant tell you many times I've seen a driver has been drug or run over. This time it just ended horribly. I can foresee sanctioning groups putting an emphasis on telling drivers to not go after other drivers on foot going forward.

The prognosis is horrible for Stewart. In the odd chance he gets exonerated of all this, no sponsor is going to want to be close to him going forward. Napa left MWR after Bowyers Itch, and Tony's will jumping ship left and right, rightfully so.

The difference in information between like the first 15 posts on this thread and the next 15 is amaaaaazing. Reading the first 15, I thought the dude had just intentionally plowed directly into the guy, cackling as he did it and holding up a middle finger out his window.

The difference in information between like the first 15 posts on this thread and the next 15 is amaaaaazing. Reading the first 15, I thought the dude had just intentionally plowed directly into the guy, cackling as he did it and holding up a middle finger out his window.

The key is to wait for the hungover crowd to rise and apply their patient deliberate touch.

By the way, I'm very disappointed in that turn, as I was all excited there would be a totally bitchin video of the carnage and Stewart going all nuts like a psycho and it would be the most metal NASCAR story of all-time, but instead it's just this sad, ambiguous incident that leaves everyone feeling all morose and shit. Boo.

I'm sure tony was trying to send a message. And I'm sure tony should go to jail.

The key is to wait for the hungover crowd to rise and apply their patient deliberate touch.

Usually the key is simply to look for DV7's overblown psuedo-Euro reaction and then conclude the opposite. Which is again the case here.

By the way, I'm very disappointed in that turn, as I was all excited there would be a totally bitchin video of the carnage and Stewart going all nuts like a psycho and it would be the most metal NASCAR story of all-time, but instead it's just this sad, ambiguous incident that leaves everyone feeling all morose and shit. Boo.

It's not that ambiguous.

I'm really surprised he's going to race today. If accidental it shows a total lack of compassion, if intentional it shows he's a psychopath.

Can make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

Back