• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Legally Smoke Kills a Stoner

I think that's probly correct. I just hate it when DAs do this sort of thing. Not surprised though.

It will lessen the criticism the decision receives. I mean it sucks for his family, but the DA saying Ward was under the influence of marijuana the night of the accident "enough to impair judgment" will also lessen the criticism Stewart gets, and I'm OK with that. There were no winners here.

Supposedly, it also came out that Ward Jr. had been warned and penalized a few times before re: leaving his car and approaching other cars on the track. Just an unfortunate situation, but I'm glad the legal aspect of it is over.

Tony Stewart Totally Killed a Guy

Governing body's gonna have hell to pay for letting a stoned guy race, too.

They could have done without announcing that to the public. Let the kid RIP....

Fuck that. They trashed stewart all over the media and probly cost him millions. Come to find out he hit a stoned guy with a habit of running into traffic. The fact this even went to a grand jury is a travesty of justice.

Governing body's gonna have hell to pay for letting a stoned guy race, too.

You ever been to a dirt track? I bet 25% of those dudes have got a buzz on while driving. The one we go to you can see guys taking celebratory shine pulls before the race.

Family will try to get a bunch of money from Stewart in Civil Court, guaranteed. Having said that, if it were my son I would be trying to blame someone for his death. I just think they have been trumping this out of pure anger, it just happened to be a guy with a big bank account.

How do they know he was high, as opposed to just lots of thc in his system? And yeah, the civil suit (settlement) is coming.

Supposedly, it also came out that Ward Jr. had been warned and penalized a few times before re: leaving his car and approaching other cars on the track. Just an unfortunate situation, but I'm glad the legal aspect of it is over.

Probably not over- civil litigation next. Regardless of the marijuana evidence some plaintiff attorney will file the civil suit.:tard:

The Gilmore Defense comes through again...

image.png

Doesn't sound like the family is pleased with the outcome nor are they done pursuing legal measures.

How do they know he was high, as opposed to just lots of thc in his system? And yeah, the civil suit (settlement) is coming.

Getting high is king of the point of having a bunch of thc in your system. Now, if it was only thc metabolite, then I can agree with you. But I see your point.

Doesn't sound like the family is pleased with the outcome nor are they done pursuing legal measures.

Of course they will pursue it, but I find it very unlikely they win a cent assuming the facts listed above are true.

That doesn't mean that Stewart doesn't try to settle out of court in some sort of gesture of kindness.

i feel bad for the family but i hope they don't get a dime.

Back