• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Let's say Lobo takes a HC gig...

Coordinator success does not necessarily mean HC success, and the inverse is also true. Lobo could get an HC job as a result of being part of Grobe's system which is very successful for schools with frequent talent deficits (especially service academies). The fact that his name keeps popping up means there is a chance.

If a coordinator is still at the same school after five years and isn't a realistic candidate for HC job, it's time to move him out. Lobo is in his 9th year and hasn't been a realistic job candidate anywhere. The fact is no one wants him nor should they.

He's a stone around the neck of the program and why Grobe can't see this lowers my opinion of him.

Galloway, Mullen or Logan would be a fresh start.

Something must change.

ecu takes guys who can't read for christ's sake

If a coordinator is still at the same school after five years and isn't a realistic candidate for HC job, it's time to move him out. Lobo is in his 9th year and hasn't been a realistic job candidate anywhere. The fact is no one wants him nor should they.

He's a stone around the neck of the program and why Grobe can't see this lowers my opinion of him.

Because Grobe probably makes more decisions in crunch time that you disagree with than you will admit.

I laugh when I see somebody scream that something must change when this is the greatest period of sustained success that Wake football has ever experienced.

I laugh when I see somebody scream that something must change when this is the greatest period of sustained success that Wake football has ever experienced.

Are you satisfied or want to move to the next level? Honest question.

My question was to ChrisL68.

My question is to you, because that matters. If you think the next level is winning a national championship, that's a rigged deck. If you think winning an ACC championship, we have been in contention more than about 7 teams in the ACC over the last few years.

I want us to do as well as we possibly can. I think we are always going to be at a recruiting disadvantage in football, so if we are .500 or above for 2/3rds of the years in the ACC, I am pretty happy about the performance of our football team.

Do I think we will be competing year in and year out with FSU when they are bringing in 5 star ready for the NFL prospects? No. I would love to, but I don't think it very realistic to expect that.

My idea of the next level is that we compete at a level where we don't have to go to the Orange Bowl in order to avoid getting shipped to a bottom of the barrel bowl.

My idea of the next level is that we compete at a level where we don't have to go to the Orange Bowl in order to avoid getting shipped to a bottom of the barrel bowl.

That has almost nothing to do with our level of performance.

Really? Because when you win other schools can't jump you.

We have to win 2 more games than a team that can jump us. That is at least 6-2 and you are practically at the ACC championship game level.

Would love to see Lobo land a HC job. If that happens, IMHO, the probabilities for offensive coordinator are:

70% - Lonnie Galloway
15% - Tom Elrod
15% - Outside hire

A level of success that has also stalled, if not wholly shifted to reverse.

If we beat Maryland we will be 5-3 in the ACC.

Years Wake has finished over .500 in the ACC since 1970

2006, 2007, 1988, 1987, 1979, 1970.

Back