• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Let's say Lobo takes a HC gig...

The short yardage shotgun draws are a function of how many defenders are stacked in the box. Its a numbers game. If the box is overloaded then Tanner audibles into something else.

Football is the most complicated game and yet everyone on here is a freaking genius at it.

The short yardage shotgun draws are a function of how many defenders are stacked in the box. Its a numbers game. If the box is overloaded then Tanner audibles into something else.

Football is the most complicated game and yet everyone on here is a freaking genius at it.

Those draws also lulled them to sleep and we completed some 3rd downs with keepers and passes later.

Numbers is the box isn't complicated. The complicated part is the scheme.

Numbers is the box isn't complicated. The complicated part is the scheme.

I dont love the shotgun draw on 3rd and short, but I understand what we're doing. As I said, its a numbers game, and if Tanner surveys the line and sees an advantage, he hands it to the RB. If not, he will fake it and keep it himself as we have seen the last few weeks or audible into a pass play.

I dont love the shotgun draw on 3rd and short, but I understand what we're doing. As I said, its a numbers game, and if Tanner surveys the line and sees an advantage, he hands it to the RB. If not, he will fake it and keep it himself as we have seen the last few weeks or audible into a pass play.

No, I understand it too. I just think that the shotgun draw is a slow developing play that negates the numbers advantage. The whole point of worrying about players in the box is the number of players in position to make a play. The other 11 players know it's going to be a run, so they're making up any numbers disadvantage almost at the snap.

Instead of trying to fool the other team on short yardage, just run a quicker play.

When we won with Riley, it was winning because we got lucky at QB and with NFL talent on D. We are proving this year that we have a system that can win, not just get lucky.

My hope for Grobe's tenure is to set up the program to be ready for the next coach to break through the next glass ceiling.

U do realize we have had many qbs with NFL talent or had pro careers ie cfl before skinner and have had NFL defensive prospects. We coached our asses off those years withvskinner

Galloway is the only choice here. If they were to bring Jeff Mullen back, I believe that would be the last straw for me with Grobe. He absolutely ran WVU's offense into the ground.

Precisely. He has his good days and bad days, but he never gets credit for what he does that is good.

Example: Last week against ND, the first TD (PA left, throw back to BP for the TD), was a "wrinkle" in the offense just as the option pitch was, but nobody gave him credit for that at all. That was merely Tanner making a great throw to a wide-open BP.

Meh... At some stage, however, the offensive coordintor has to be measured by the team's overall offensive performance, not by an ineffective call or by a touchdown play, and not even by a bad game or a good game.

I have zero complaints with Lobo for the Notre Dame game or the Clemson game. Place-kicking lost that game, and I feel certain Grobe made those decisions. Although I am frustrated at Grobe's betting at that stage on the kicker instead of on Tanner Price, the coaches didn't miss those kicks.

7-5 is still possible, and that ain't shabby.

The overall offensive performance under Lobo has been among the worst in the nation.

So if 2 good seasons in the 70s is "little sustained success" and 2 good seasons in the 80s is "little sustained success", do you think 2 good seasons in the 00s is also "little sustained success"?

deacfan27, you seem to think Lobo is a good OC. Which current OCs do you think Lobo is better than?

I await your response.

I definitely think there is room for improvement, but I think most do not understand that Coach Grobe is responsible for almost everything. He lets Coach Lobotzke run the plays, but if Coach Grobe disagrees with something, he lets him know. He essentially approves each play if you look at it from that point-of-view.

It's just really funny to see people defending Coach Grobe and wanting him to stay, and wanting Coach Lobotzke gone. Even if we fired Coach Lobotzke and hired Coach Galloway (or insert other name here), the playcalling would stay mostly the same.

I definitely think there is room for improvement, but I think most do not understand that Coach Grobe is responsible for almost everything. He lets Coach Lobotzke run the plays, but if Coach Grobe disagrees with something, he lets him know. He essentially approves each play if you look at it from that point-of-view.

It's just really funny to see people defending Coach Grobe and wanting him to stay, and wanting Coach Lobotzke gone. Even if we fired Coach Lobotzke and hired Coach Galloway (or insert other name here), the playcalling would stay mostly the same.

How much of that agreement is him putting blind faith in his OC and not wanting to overrule his buddy time after time?

And that's an honest question...how often does Grobe "overrule" Lobo in that case?

We are .500 or above in the ACC for the 4th time in 6 years.

In the 35 years before that, we have been .500 or above maybe 7 or 8 times.

We are .500 or above in the ACC for the 4th time in 6 years.

In the 35 years before that, we have been .500 or above maybe 7 or 8 times.

So is that the ceiling?

Do we stay content with that and continue to blow opportunities to be 6-2 or 7-1 in conference because we still shit away games we have in our control in the 4th quarter or late in the game in general?

Should 4-4 be acceptable after having the opportunities to be 2+ games better than that simply because before Grobe got here we rarely made it to 4-4?

At some point the staff should be held accountable for continuously squandering opportunities to take this program to the next level instead of being content with something that history shows we shouldn't have in the first place.

History shouldn't matter anymore. We've proven that.

We should be fighting for the division every year...we should NOT be staring bowl eligibility in the face in week 8 and then sitting in the same position in week 12. That is unacceptable.

steve logan would be awesome, that dude can coach, go lobo go, run, run, pass at another school.........

Grobe

Needs to be thought of as either fisher deberry or George welsh at UVA. Not saban

$):&@. Spellcheck

So is that the ceiling?

Do we stay content with that and continue to blow opportunities to be 6-2 or 7-1 in conference because we still shit away games we have in our control in the 4th quarter or late in the game in general?

Should 4-4 be acceptable after having the opportunities to be 2+ games better than that simply because before Grobe got here we rarely made it to 4-4?

At some point the staff should be held accountable for continuously squandering opportunities to take this program to the next level instead of being content with something that history shows we shouldn't have in the first place.

History shouldn't matter anymore. We've proven that.

We should be fighting for the division every year...we should NOT be staring bowl eligibility in the face in week 8 and then sitting in the same position in week 12. That is unacceptable.

Nice rant. Completely devoid of reality but passionate. You do realize we were 14 and 17 point dogs in our last two games?

Back