• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Liability question: paying someone to blow leaves off roof

Doesn't make him factually incorrect. He wasn't offering up a take on whether it was right.
The statement clearly implies that hiring undocumented immigrants is a way to avoid liability. In reality, employers who hire undocumented immigrants subject themselves to both the normal employer liabilities and violations of federal immigration laws. So, if that was why they hired the undocumented immigrant, they failed.
Might depend on the seriousness or significance of the actual/alleged injury...?
I would generally agree, but no one is filing lawsuits over sprained ankles.

i stand behind my statement. I am more likely to be sued by the 22 yr old US Citizen that falls off my roof than by the 22 yr old undocumented immigrant who does. Don't really feel like that's a hot take

Feel free to go all law school on me...

Yes lots of people going away for violations of federal immigration laws when picking up
Weird. I could have sworn I said employers who employ undocumented workers, not homeowners who hire a day laborer.

I was simply pointing out the irony that a concept of avoiding liability would open the employer up to other types of liabilities.

So...how do you know/verify if someone that looks/sounds like an immigrant is undocumented?

Just hire a company that's insured.

Weird. I could have sworn I said employers who employ undocumented workers, not homeowners who hire a day laborer.

I was simply pointing out the irony that a concept of avoiding liability would open the employer up to other types of liabilities.
weird. the original question was from a homeowner looking to hire a day laborer.

What the fuck are you even talking about. Do you think undocumented immigrants do not have legal rights of any kind?
No, because to have rights you have to be human.
The statement clearly implies that hiring undocumented immigrants is a way to avoid liability. In reality, employers who hire undocumented immigrants subject themselves to both the normal employer liabilities and violations of federal immigration laws. So, if that was why they hired the undocumented immigrant, they failed.

I would generally agree, but no one is filing lawsuits over sprained ankles.
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH deep breath HAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Sorry, I'm just imagining some AUSA sitting at their desk thinking, "gee whilickers you know what? I'm going to go after big business today. I'm tired, just totally dog tired, of putting black people in prison. Let's find some rich white people to prosecute."

white collar white people law
I'll say this, white color clients are the absolute fucking worst. I would rather represent a bank robber or a drug dealer 10,000 times before I had to do one more fucking white collar case.

Invariably, these people are the absolute worst people on the face of the fucking planet. They will lie, cheat and steal their way in any way they possibly can. If you do not document literally every fucking interaction you have with them, they will twist it at best they can into some sort of complete concoction of lies and accusations.

One of my top three worst clients ever was a white collar case where a woman stole like 3 million from an orphanage.

I'll say this, white color clients are the absolute fucking worst. I would rather represent a bank robber or a drug dealer 10,000 times before I had to do one more fucking white collar case.

Invariably, these people are the absolute worst people on the face of the fucking planet. They will lie, cheat and steal their way in any way they possibly can. If you do not document literally every fucking interaction you have with them, they will twist it at best they can into some sort of complete concoction of lies and accusations.

One of my top three worst clients ever was a white collar case where a woman stole like 3 million from an orphanage.
it's a hard knock life bitches

Back