• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Liberty @ WF - Saturday 9/17 5 pm - ACCN

Your argument is what happened last year ? That's it ? You don't know anything when it comes to sports. LY is the DUMBEST argument on the board. Please feel free to shove it yourself.
I brought up last year because you mentioned how ridiculous it was for the fanbase to think we were going to beat a bunch of teams- that we beat only last year. I admittedly can get very upset during games where we’re shutting the bed, but that’s because I believe that we can win. The absolute worst kind of Wake fan IMO is the one who tells everyone else that they knew we sucked all along and then chides the rest of us for having expectations. It’s like you want us to make sure we know our place. I think it’s bullshit. If that means I “know nothing when it comes to sports,” then so be it.

I brought up last year because you mentioned how ridiculous it was for the fanbase to think we were going to beat a bunch of teams- that we beat only last year. I admittedly can get very upset during games where we’re shutting the bed, but that’s because I believe that we can win. The absolute worst kind of Wake fan IMO is the one who tells everyone else that they knew we sucked all along and then chides the rest of us for having expectations. It’s like you want us to make sure we know our place. I think it’s bullshit. If that means I “know nothing when it comes to sports,” then so be it.
Timeout, we got got.

This dude is a parody.

I mean, I love Sam as much as anyone but he was clearly off this game. It wasn't just the missed throws because there were also some great throws, it was pocket awareness and some unusually slow progressions. Claw had Mitch helmet on warming up on the sidelines preparing to go in before Hartman and Williams took over on the big drive. But before that any tweet about Mitch maybe coming in probably would have gotten a like from Clawson if he'd had his phone out.

But Sam stepped up and got it done, end of story. Liberty is good, both 4th down plays were flukes but we survived them. I'm on the side of "good experience" for this group, just hope there aren't any serious injuries. If you saw our d-line in the end looking like they were about to collapse but gritting out that 2 point conversion stop... That's some good early season action.

I took Mitch warming up as a sign Hartman was dinged up, not that Clawson was going to bench him.

We did not adjust to libertys defense. They were giving up a lot underneath and taking away everything downfield. If we can’t run we need a better intermediate passing attack.
I felt this was the case. Ke’Shawn was electric every time the ball went his way. Him and Morin might be the best two slot receivers in the ACC.

I felt this was the case. Ke’Shawn was electric every time the ball went his way. Him and Morin might be the best two slot receivers in the ACC.
Yep. Morin was uncoverable when he motioned across. Tight ends were open underneath. Liberty had a good plan they were not going to let us throw over top.

I mean, I love Sam as much as anyone but he was clearly off this game. It wasn't just the missed throws because there were also some great throws, it was pocket awareness and some unusually slow progressions. Claw had Mitch helmet on warming up on the sidelines preparing to go in before Hartman and Williams took over on the big drive. But before that any tweet about Mitch maybe coming in probably would have gotten a like from Clawson if he'd had his phone out.

But Sam stepped up and got it done, end of story. Liberty is good, both 4th down plays were flukes but we survived them. I'm on the side of "good experience" for this group, just hope there aren't any serious injuries. If you saw our d-line in the end looking like they were about to collapse but gritting out that 2 point conversion stop... That's some good early season action.
Your two paragraphs contradict each other.

I took Mitch warming up as a sign Hartman was dinged up, not that Clawson was going to bench him.
Could be, but Hartman wasn't hurt and I didn't see anything prior to Mitch warming up that would have been an answer to him being "dinged up" or whatever. Maybe he'll cover it in a presser.

Completely disagree with the idea that Clawson will simply "never take out a healthy Sam Hartman" for a series. He's done it before when Sam has struggled or just for a change of pace.

Could be, but Hartman wasn't hurt and I didn't see anything prior to Mitch warming up that would have been an answer to him being "dinged up" or whatever. Maybe he'll cover it in a presser.

Completely disagree with the idea that Clawson will simply "never take out a healthy Sam Hartman" for a series. He's done it before when Sam has struggled or just for a change of pace.

He did it for a whole season too.

Clawson will play the better QB. I just think we've seen Hartman play much worse than this and not get pulled. Maybe Clawson has that much confidence in Griffis. I don/t know.

It was just a shit game overall - Sam missed a ton of throws that he normally makes easy, our receivers dropped a few important ones, Liberty was crashing down and blowing up the mesh so that Sam couldn’t “ride it” with the RB to read the defense, and one of the interesting things I saw is that in defense we were getting a lot more pressure on the QB than usual, but Liberty adjusted to our aggressiveness and started handing the ball off to the RB after our line got in the backfield, and once Libertys QB started rolling out and throwing on the run he was much more effective because he engaged our linebackers and his receivers were able to scramble open

When has that happened, I don’t recall. I don’t remember Clawson ever changing QB for change of pace. (he has brought in the backup when i would say the fake is decided (eg pulling hartman in the acccg).

perhaps with wolford / hinton in 15.

Back