• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Line guesses @ FSU (Updated with Opening line)

Crucial thing to know about Vegas: if you have an immediate and strong feeling about a line being too high or too low, you are wrong most of the time.

Stoneville doing his best Chris impression on this thread. Go Deacs.

I think FSU will be legit this season and if they beat Wake I hope they are in the national title picture. But, on paper, they look pretty similar to UNC to me.

Stoneville - didn't y'all have major OL problems last season? Not a concern this year?

I'm sure FSU's D is a little better than UNC's but how much better if they lost Jenkins and Reid? Manuel is better than Renner but UNC's OLine is stacked. I don't really see where FSU is 10 points better than UNC.

FSU's Defense is lightyears ahead of UNC's defense unfortunately, losing Jenkins will hurt because he was a absolute stud but Reid was always more talk than substance. The biggest issue I see for WF is that they just haven't played well away from home recently. Hopefully the UNC game and a seasoned Price will change that this season. FSU's defense is going to be really difficult to move the ball on though, they are nasty.

We put up 400 yards on their D last year. How much better can it be without Bradham and Jenkins? No doubt Price will be running for his life at times and it will be tough to run the ball, but we had the same problem vs. UNC.

Agree with the point about road games. But I'll be really disappointed if we don't cover this game.

You have to think right now FSU has a W penciled in next to every team on their schedule, with possibly a question mark next to Clemson. Even their fans aren't concerned with Clemson, but hopefully they get caught looking ahead....might be less likely with how Wake has played them recently, but Wake has a way of being written off no matter how they play.

If F$U has any heart at all, they'll beat us by 3 TDs.

I think Tanner has a big day and we give them alllll they can handle.

One thing we have going for us is that FSU could be caught looking ahead to the Clemson game on 9/22.

This line seems a bit high. I would have guessed somewhere in the 17-18 range.

I think FSU will be legit this season and if they beat Wake I hope they are in the national title picture. But, on paper, they look pretty similar to UNC to me.

Stoneville - didn't y'all have major OL problems last season? Not a concern this year?

I'm sure FSU's D is a little better than UNC's but how much better if they lost Jenkins and Reid? Manuel is better than Renner but UNC's OLine is stacked. I don't really see where FSU is 10 points better than UNC.

Yes, we started 5 Freshman in the Champs Bowl. In the offseason, we moved one of our best DL to RT and got a couple juco studs. I think the verdict has to still be out on whether it's improved at all just like the verdict is out on the whole team. Definitely can't base anything on those first two creampuff games. We have yet to blitz and Id venture to say that we haven't opened up but probably 10% of the playbook which was most likely the case in the Wake victory over Liberty. FSU has to take Wake serious and I think they will especially after last year. Like the previous poster said, it wasn't as close as the score indicated.

Vegas probably knew they could set the line insanely high and still get action from FSU fanboys. After stealing all of the UNC fanboy money last week, they are eager for more.

not sure we cover or not, but i would have been shocked if the line came in as low as some were guessing based on the UNC line at home.

Yes, we started 5 Freshman in the Champs Bowl. In the offseason, we moved one of our best DL to RT and got a couple juco studs. I think the verdict has to still be out on whether it's improved at all just like the verdict is out on the whole team. Definitely can't base anything on those first two creampuff games. We have yet to blitz and Id venture to say that we haven't opened up but probably 10% of the playbook which was most likely the case in the Wake victory over Liberty. FSU has to take Wake serious and I think they will especially after last year. Like the previous poster said, it wasn't as close as the score indicated.[/QUOTE]

WTF you gave me my first neg rep and then proceed to agree with me?

We put up 400 yards on their D last year. How much better can it be without Bradham and Jenkins? No doubt Price will be running for his life at times and it will be tough to run the ball, but we had the same problem vs. UNC.

Agree with the point about road games. But I'll be really disappointed if we don't cover this game.

Actually the defense improved over the course of the entire season and finished as a top 4 defense. This year it actually has improved as their is greater depth. Bradham leaving hurts the D the most but there were capable backups. It is strange to say this about a first or second round NFL pick, but Jenkins loss is well covered and we will not skip a beat with our defensive ends.

I think finally FSU is up for the challenge and I am sure Grobe will throw everything he can at us. I see a 38-17 game. Wake covers and vegas makes money.

Actually the defense improved over the course of the entire season and finished as a top 4 defense. This year it actually has improved as their is greater depth. Bradham leaving hurts the D the most but there were capable backups. It is strange to say this about a first or second round NFL pick, but Jenkins loss is well covered and we will not skip a beat with our defensive ends.

I think finally FSU is up for the challenge and I am sure Grobe will throw everything he can at us. I see a 38-17 game. Wake covers and vegas makes money.

tumblr_m2npdcJbkz1qh2jvho1_500.gif

I am now seeing Wake +28. 4 TDs seems like too much IMO.

Back