• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lions Re-Sign Alphonso

According to NFL.com the Panthers cut their 2nd round pick

Last edited:
Almost impossible for him to catch on right now and see any real time early. Why do our Deacs struggle so much in the NFL?

What is the obsession with the Panthers signing everyone? 32 NFL teams out there. Assuming they've been cut, that leave 31 others. Perhaps we can just have a thread with the title "The ________ should sign him." On a Wake board, I'm sure we can all come up with a pro/con list of why a player should go with any given team. Except the Packers. No reason anyone should sign with that bunch of fucking cheesedicks.:couch:

The panthers secondary is their biggest weakness, calm down

Almost impossible for him to catch on right now and see any real time early. Why do our Deacs struggle so much in the NFL?

Because they are usually good college players without prototypical NFL athletic attributes.

Because they are usually good college players without prototypical NFL athletic attributes.

We've had guys that put up great numbers at the combine, get drafted in early-mid rounds, and then do nothing. Their numbers say they have NFL "athletic attributes", and the scouts seem to think the same.

Fuck. I really hope he gets on with a team I give more of a shit about. Damn it, he went from starter to cut in 3 preseason games.

A ball hawk, but would guess that he is in the bottom half of NFL CBs in size and speed. Really hard to play CB in a league when the WRs you are covering are bigger and faster than you.

true. It seemed unusual that Denver would draft him with their first pick - which I believe was in the 2nd round. I also think they traded up to get him....

What is the obsession with the Panthers signing everyone? 32 NFL teams out there. Assuming they've been cut, that leave 31 others. Perhaps we can just have a thread with the title "The ________ should sign him." On a Wake board, I'm sure we can all come up with a pro/con list of why a player should go with any given team. Except the Packers. No reason anyone should sign with that bunch of fucking cheesedicks.:couch:

I think the ___(insert NFL team)___ should pick up ___(former Wake player)___.

Fuck. I really hope he gets on with a team I give more of a shit about. Damn it, he went from starter to cut in 3 preseason games.

The secondary was the biggest cause of concern on a Lions team that won 10 games for the first time in a very long time last year. The Lions went out and got a ton of CBs and even tried out some safeties and WRs at CB, moving people around. When he was listed atop the depth chart, and it was on the NFL thread, I got yelled at for claiming it wouldn't last long, but here we are. Not just posting to say I told you so, but what I said then still holds true. He has to learn to cover in order to make it in this league. No defense can make up for how risky his ball hawking tendencies are, especially not some of the deficient secondaries that have been listed on this thread. It makes me sad to say all this stuff because on and off the field, he was one of my favorite Deacs. Such a character, and a great Wake alumnus. I hate that he got cut, but you could see it coming when they signed that guy from the Redskins. The rookie Bentley is gonna be fun to watch, at least based on what I've read and seen in preseason.

Phonz was at the game tonight. I wanted to hand him my 2 jersey so that he could spark something on the field.

Back