• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

List of Pretentious Shit

Which in turn is hilarious that boomers would think anyone would print an email.

I work with a guy -- 75 years old -- who prints off everything and must use print screen or something because it includes all the border ads

If it's more than a few paragraphs and you have to read it in detail, why not take the opportunity to give your eyes a break from the screen? #old

I got an e-mail today from a guy with this signature block (edited to change his last name and title):

David Wellman
Chief Douchebag
Pronouns: he/him/his
Company Name
Address

WTF? Regardless of one's sex/gender/DNA, I would think the name "David" would cause the presumption of those pronouns with pretty much anyone. I could see if it was a boy named Sue and he wanted to put in he/him/his to avoid confusion off the bat, but it is pretty fucking pretentious to think the recipient doesn't know that David is a fucking male's name.

Wouldn't really bother me to receive, but definitely the work of a Try Hard.

We get it bro, you're woke.

"Can you ask Geeta if (s)he is available that week?" was from a work email I wrote today. (I knew the correct pronoun.)

It can be a bit tough working with India to know which pronoun to use in conversation or in email sometimes if you haven't met someone. I've seen it in internal email sigs for folks in our India office.

Just say "they"

Reparations were one of the leading causes of WW2, and we definitely don't want that mess to occur again.

If it's more than a few paragraphs and you have to read it in detail, why not take the opportunity to give your eyes a break from the screen? #old

lemme stop you right there - no one should be writing an email that is more than one paragraph

but seriously, emails are an awful way to communicate complex issues from a workflow perspective.

Nah, better to send out a company wide invite to a webinar at 4PM west coast time than send an email longer than 200 words.

people pay attention to neither of those. you're better off holding a 5 min standup meeting

Back