• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Litmus tests

JuiceCrewAllStar

Whole Milk Drinker
Reaction score
What are some of your personal litmus tests when judging a person's opinions?

One for me is, if you consider yourself a sports fan, whether or not you like the NBA

What kind of TV shows they watch.

They don't have to watch the same ones as me, but there are certain programs that if you tell me you watch on the regular, I can tell we aren't going to be friends.

I probably don't need to be specific.

This is thing I don't get about "CHRISTIANS". Why do you guys have so many litmus tests on who is and isn't a "CHRISTIAN"?

With so many denominations, believing all different shades of the religion, why can't you just say,"We ALL believe in Jesus, but have differing views on the spefics"?

Rather than,"This person "professes" to be a "CHRISTIAN" but "because" he isn't the same type of "CHRSTIAN" I am, he isn't really a "CHRISTIAN".

There are peopel here who say that some people who say they are "CHRISTIAN" really aren't. I don get it.

What an overwhelming of Jews would say to a Jew who said to others "Evern though your mother is Jews and you were barm mitzvahed, you aren't a Jew to me" is that "who do you think you are to tell others what they believe isn't right? Are you g-d?"

If they ask what you do within the first two minutes of meeting you.

if they have any memorabilia related to gun ownership -- stickers, shirts, hats, flags, tattoos, etc.

All of the ones already mentioned are good ones.

More than 1 bumper sticker on car. 2, if in conjunction with another one is fine. For instance, a WF sticker and a Wake Alum sticker together is acceptable.

If people post memes all day on Facebook.

If people eat McDonald's burgers more than once or twice a year.

If people like multiple College or pro sports teams. where you graduated from and your hometown team is acceptable...Just not cool liking Alabama Football, Duke Basketball for example.

People who talk about how much money they make in a humble brag format. Example - I only made $125,000 last year but my family and I are hanging in there".

People who can't have a face-to-face discussion without dropping multiple "f bombs", or calling a woman a bitch or cunt because they're trying to emphasize a point.

if they have any memorabilia related to gun ownership -- stickers, shirts, hats, flags, tattoos, etc.

Any or excessive?

We can’t be friends if I received a free hat (that I’ve never worn) with a rifle?

Back