• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Litmus tests

This is why I am assuming most people on these here boards have no friends outside of the their wife and family.

Long fake nails and/or generally soft hands. Nail polish is fine, but if you effectively render yourself useless for manual labor bc of your nails or show that you don't do it through soft hands, I'm judging.

Probably the only "litmus test" I have is just overly negative people. If everything sucks to you I don't want to be around you. Besides that I can let most things go and try to focus on what I don't hate about people. Pretty cray cray.

Probably the only "litmus test" I have is just overly negative people. If everything sucks to you I don't want to be around you. Besides that I can let most things go and try to focus on what I don't hate about people. Pretty cray cray.

I'd generally agree with this - but sometimes it takes a few interactions to truly get this vibe from someone. If I meet a person and they're negative in that interaction, I'll usually chalk it up to a bad day and have no issues with hanging out with them at least once more. On the other hand, if I hang out with a person and they can't get their point across without swearing unnecessarily/can't read a situation to see how everyone's interacting together/are insulting or racist... even if they're "positive" I'm probably not going to hang out with them again.

Nobody’s gonna say it? Fine. People that still plan on voting for Trump in 2020. I hope this doesn’t ruin my new bromance with knight. I love that guy.

Nobody’s gonna say it? Fine. People that still plan on voting for Trump in 2020. I hope this doesn’t ruin my new bromance with knight. I love that guy.

Oh, I just assumed that was a given in civilized circles and wasn't worth taking time to type out.

Poor tippers and people who are rude to wait staff.

Couldn't agree more. My wife and I tip 20+% everywhere we go unless we just get horrid service. It works out great for everyone because good tippers are remembered and treated better by waitstaff upon future visits to said restaurant.

People who have something to say, be it positive or negative, after every single shot during a round of golf.

People that breed dogs

Young people that buy $1000+ animals instead of adopting

This is a good one. There's a miserable old grumpytits in my office and she's exactly this way. I feel like there's a quote out there along the lines of "If you encounter an asshole, they're an asshole, so be it. If you only encounter assholes, then you're the asshole."

Oh, I just assumed that was a given in civilized circles and wasn't worth taking time to type out.

Our kids are both super young, but the wife and I have agreed that our litmus test for the future dates they bring home will be asking who their parents voted for in the 2016 election.

People who have something to say, be it positive or negative, after every single shot during a round of golf.

Creamy stays dead silent through the entire round. Want to casually converse as we approach the tee shot? Nah!

This is more pet peeve, but people who obviously suck at golf but love tossing out swing tips to people after they hit. Dude you just sliced 30 yards OB STFU.

Back