• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

liveanddiedeac Wins the 2017 Open Championship (contest)!

J. Rose 18
H. Stenson 25
B. Koepka 33
C. Schwartzel 80
C Hoffman 100
R. Streb 150

Total 406

Great. I've got a guy who withdrew. Tim, does that mean that I get his replacement?

Unfortunately that is not the way I've run things in my pool. Post the name of a guy in here that fits in your point total and hasn't teed off yet and I will give you two entries ("official" and "unofficial").

I'm putting all the late night entries into a spreadsheet now (not a fancy Sleepy spreadsheet, just a plain Excel) and will then post it on here for all to see.

I took Snedeker too. Please replace with Schwartzel. Same point total, has yet to tee off

In it to win it with:

British Open Contest
Matsuyama - 22
Fleetwood - 25
Chappell - 150
Perez - 150
J Thomas - 50
DJ - 5

pick%20spread.jpg

Last edited:
The first time I pick Sergio he goes in the tank. :)

It's a strange day. Some folks are just plain playing bad golf in very benign conditions. I specifically didn't pick Spieth in this thing because his driver has been pretty wayward. And he did knock it all over the course, but the rough is wispier than it was up the West Coast last week at Dundonald. So unless you land in certain fairway bunkers or are way, way off track, you're usually drawing lies that are generous - this ain't no Erin Hills. So if it remains a pitch and putt contest, this could be 1 of Spieth's better chances to win the Open. Kuchar is also looking good - be cool to see him get his 1st major. But tomorrow is supposed to be a lot worse - a lot of rain and 20-30 mph winds.

Tommy Fleetwood picked a terrible day to blow up. Although, expectations were probably too high given he grew up near the course. Kind of like the McIlroy/Irish Open phenomenon.

Zach Johnson with a 75. Did not see that coming. Seems like he's always solid and a good bet to be in the mix or close to it. Oh well....

Good news is that I make the cut. Bad news is that I have no one in the top 10.

deacondamo

Jon Rahm
Tommy Fleetwood
Henrik Stenson
Rafa Cabrera Bello
Tony Finau
Ernie Els

I think I'm in the same situation. I was OK yesterday, but my guys aren't doing well today.

Back