• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lobbyists Call Charlotte '2nd Tier City'!!!!1!

TheTwinAndreBen

3 stacks
Reaction score
Reactions: Go
Can I get "Duh" for $400 Alex?

In other news, the sun is going to set in the west tonight.

Second seems pretty good for Charlotte. I'm assuming T1 is NYC, LA, SF, Boston, Chicago, maybe DC? Seattle, SD, Miami, Denver, Houston would be next?

T1 cities have all 4 major sports teams (IMO)- football, basketball, baseball, hockey

...so LA, Denver, Chicago, Miami, NYC, DC.
T2 brings in the other big names that don't quite hit that list: Seattle, Boston, Austin, SF, ATL, St. Louis,
I'd put CLT in T3, personally. I love it, but it's just not up there in terms of big city.

Second seems pretty good for Charlotte. I'm assuming T1 is NYC, LA, SF, Boston, Chicago, maybe DC? Seattle, SD, Miami, Denver, Houston would be next?

Philly has to be ahead of Houston and Denver in city rankings, in my opinion.

Some people at work were talking about a conference in Atlanta and I almost interrupted with "Atlanta is a city in decline".

Some people at work were talking about a conference in Atlanta and I almost interrupted with "Atlanta is a city in decline".

I hate when boards jargon is appropriate in real conversation but you can't drop it. I almost called some folks the 99 lb weakling club while moving furniture today at work.

T1 cities have all 4 major sports teams (IMO)- football, basketball, baseball, hockey

T2 brings in the other big names that don't quite hit that list: Seattle, Boston, Austin, SF, ATL, St. Louis,
I'd put CLT in T3, personally. I love it, but it's just not up there in terms of big city.

Boston has the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics and Bruins.

Boston and San Fran are Tier 1 cities using any criteria.

I think having 4 major teams is a factor, but it can't be the sole factor. As someone said, there are some shitty ass cities that make that list. I think you have to consider things like culture, and arguably even weather. I realize that it's totally arbitrary which factors we choose to consider, but these are just some of mine.

In my nonscientific opinion, I'd put (in descending order) NY, LA, SF, Chi, DC, and Miami in the top tier. Second tier would be Denver, Philly, ATL, Seattle, Boston, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth. Third tier gets much bigger and would include (for example) cities like Charlotte, Metro-Orlando, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Phoenix, St. Louis, Minneapolis, San Antonio.

Back