• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lobbyists Call Charlotte '2nd Tier City'!!!!1!

SF is the hub to this century's most important industry. It has Chicago beat in climate and location....It has LA beat in scenic and architectural beauty, transit, and economic relevance. All three are comparable in cost of living, but you'll get paid more in SF. The location can't be understated. Chicago and SF are comparable in food and culture and both are ahead of LA.

I think SF is a better place to live, and the entire bay area is growing in economic influence ... but it still pales in comparison both in terms of economic impact and cultural significance to LA and Chicago. It just does.

Maybe in 20 years SF will be a T1 city on the level with NYC, LA and Chicago. Maybe. Right now it's not there.

I like the idea that none of us have ever been to Philly, yet it is some kind of world class city even though no one visits. Philly blows, and yes I have been there.

Philly has the 4th largest GDP of any US city - it outproduces cities like Singapore and Shanghai. It's grungy and all that, but it's still an economic powerhouse.

SF is the hub to this century's most important industry. It has Chicago beat in climate and location....It has LA beat in scenic and architectural beauty, transit, and economic relevance. All three are comparable in cost of living, but you'll get paid more in SF. The location can't be understated. Chicago and SF are comparable in food and culture and both are ahead of LA.

Mmmmm I dunno... its close to silicon valley and Palo Alto and San Jose and those places but they're not really in SF, are they? I could be wrong and misunderstand this

Mmmmm I dunno... its close to silicon valley and Palo Alto and San Jose and those places but they're not really in SF, are they? I could be wrong and misunderstand this

Well it depends on what exactly we are talking about. If we are talking about location in regards to economic impact, then I think those areas apply to a certain degree. SF holds its own even without those areas though. In my original post, I meant location more as a comparison of what each city offers to an individual living there....SF = Napa, Tahoe, Yosemite etc.....LA = more LA.....Chicago = Wisconsin, Lake Michigan?

T1 cities have all 4 major sports teams (IMO)- football, basketball, baseball, hockey

...so LA, Denver, Chicago, Miami, NYC, DC.
T2 brings in the other big names that don't quite hit that list: Seattle, Boston, Austin, SF, ATL, St. Louis,
I'd put CLT in T3, personally. I love it, but it's just not up there in terms of big city.

Good Lord....Miami and Denver in T1 is almost as offensive as St. Louis in T2....almost.

Back