• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOL at the IOC

WTF is this argument? Chess isn't a fucking sport! It's a board game.

i don't know, someone was talking about great games. sports are a type of game

That is pretty much par for the Olympics, think Jamaican Bobsled team and countless other examples.

So maybe I can play on my beloved Kyrgyzstan golf team in the Olympics. Not sure how many other golf teams I could make. Maybe Tuvalu's.

i don't know, someone was talking about great games. sports are a type of game

Am I missing something? It seems like you were the only person to bring up games vs. sports in this thread. Everyone else has consistently said "greatest sport". The only other reference to games was to the Olympic Games prior to this (dumb) argument.

This is an Olympics thread. So athletic competition. Sport = athletic competition.

Can we also talk about how the awful people in Boston are fighting about whether they should/could pull off hosting the Olympics in 2026 or whatever and are somehow dragging ATL though the mud? Have your bottom heavy hoodie encumbered cant talk Engrish #BostonStrongwiththefatgirls Olympics if you want, or dont, but keep our name out of your yankeefaces.

This is an Olympics thread. So athletic competition. Sport = athletic competition.

Can we also talk about how the awful people in Boston are fighting about whether they should/could pull off hosting the Olympics in 2026 or whatever and are somehow dragging ATL though the mud? Have your bottom heavy hoodie encumbered cant talk Engrish #BostonStrongwiththefatgirls Olympics if you want, or dont, but keep our name out of your yankeefaces.

well, both cities did have a bombing during an athletic competition. Bomb Brothers!

Can't they have an individual 72 hole event AND a team competition? What's each one take, 4 days each? The Olympics are two weeks long.

Vegas has taken Tiger fathering an illegitimate child in the Olympic Village off the board.

Can't they have an individual 72 hole event AND a team competition? What's each one take, 4 days each? The Olympics are two weeks long.

That makes sense. Do the individual tournament and team qualifier the first weekend and the team competition the second weekend.

That makes sense. Do the individual tournament and team qualifier the first weekend and the team competition the second weekend.

Gotta get women and men around for both, with time in between to make sure the course can recover for a few days. No way that fits in the schedule.

Somewhat serious question... Why aren't women better at golf?

Back