• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

London attack

Liberals live in a make-believe world where if you just overlook Islamic Terrorism atrocities they will reciprocate by ceasing to commit future atrocities....in spite of the fact that this has not happened for decades...even centuries....now. And millennial liberals like many who post on these boards are especially gullible to this failed view because they have been exposed to very little that goes on out there in the real world apart from academia and have been brainwashed by liberal professors that have now mostly taken over higher education in this country. You can imagine how screwed up a person's mind would be if they based all their positions on what people like PHDeac told them in a classroom.

This would be a good book to read on the subject:

https://www.amazon.com/Brainwashed-...ricas-Youth/dp/1595559795/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

Last edited:
Bkf struggles to actually ignore people.

From the top opinion piece on the ultra liberal Guardian today https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jun/04/theresa-may-extremism-radicalisation

Furthermore, the Labour leader’s linkage of western foreign policy to terrorist acts is psychologically convenient but unsupported by the stated priorities of the jihadis themselves. In July 2016 Islamic State was unequivocal: “The fact is, even if you were to stop bombing us, imprisoning us, torturing us, vilifying us, and usurping our lands, we would continue to hate you because our primary reason for hating you will not cease to exist until you embrace Islam.

ah.. the answer spoken out loud....

everyone's just jealous because Islam gets results.

Christianity could learn a few things

Liberals live in a make-believe world where if you just overlook Islamic Terrorism atrocities they will reciprocate by ceasing to commit future atrocities....in spite of the fact that this has not happened for decades...even centuries....now. And millennial liberals like many who post on these boards are especially gullible to this failed view because they have been exposed to very little that goes on out there in the real world apart from academia and have been brainwashed by liberal professors that have now mostly taken over higher education in this country. You can imagine how screwed up a person's mind would be if they based all their positions on what people like PHDeac told them in a classroom.

This would be a good book to read on the subject:

https://www.amazon.com/Brainwashed-...ricas-Youth/dp/1595559795/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

So what is the solution to Islamic terrorism then from a policy standpoint?

everyone's just jealous because Islam gets results.

Christianity could learn a few things

let's embrace it then.

need help solving some logistical problems, though... who's going to drive the kids to school for starters. And, do I have to stone my mistress?

let's embrace it then.

need help solving some logistical problems, though... who's going to drive the kids to school for starters. And, do I have to stone my mistress?

Not until she commits the crimes of reading or having been raped.

If the Left is actually concerned about a War on Women, you'd think they'd pick different political allies.

#allreligionsareequal

Can you delve deeper into how they "self" radicalize? Presumably since you seem to disagree that the Koran inspires violence, you don't think they're just sitting there reading the Koran to themselves. It seems they read, learn from, listen to, and/or are inspired by ISIS or similar radicals, no? So it's important what ISIS itself says about their intentions and their reasons

http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/europe/1.791954?v=FBAED08735812BD2447429DD931B773A

“An estimated 60 percent of those who espouse violent jihadism in Europe are second-generation Muslims who have lost their connection with their country of origin and have failed to integrate into Western societies,” Roy says.

They are subject to a “process of deculturation” that leaves them ignorant of and detached from both the European society and the one of their origins. The result, Roy argues, is a dangerous “identity vacuum” in which “violent extremism thrives.”

"In his recent book “Jihad and Death: The Global Appeal of Islamic State," Roy argues that about 70 percent of these young people have scant knowledge of Islam, and suggests they are “radical” before even choosing Islam. He dubs them “born again Muslims” who lead libertine lives before their sudden conversion to violent fundamentalism."

http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/europe/1.791954?v=FBAED08735812BD2447429DD931B773A

“An estimated 60 percent of those who espouse violent jihadism in Europe are second-generation Muslims who have lost their connection with their country of origin and have failed to integrate into Western societies,” Roy says.

They are subject to a “process of deculturation” that leaves them ignorant of and detached from both the European society and the one of their origins. The result, Roy argues, is a dangerous “identity vacuum” in which “violent extremism thrives.”

"In his recent book “Jihad and Death: The Global Appeal of Islamic State," Roy argues that about 70 percent of these young people have scant knowledge of Islam, and suggests they are “radical” before even choosing Islam. He dubs them “born again Muslims” who lead libertine lives before their sudden conversion to violent fundamentalism."

If only there was a way to prevent them from migrating to culture they don't want to assimilate to...

I suppose you could buy one of those "Zoltare" fortune telling machines from the movie "Big", or find some Pre-Cog twins from the movie "Minority Report", otherwise I don't know how you would predict the future.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

What I don't understand about this perspective is that these self-radicalized people are taking their inspiration and, in some cases, training from ISIS. So, is the root of the ideology coming from the Middle East / North Africa or isn't generating in isolated pockets in Europe? The US seems to think it's coming from the ME and seems to have the impression that wiping out the core group (Al Qaida 10 years ago, now ISIS) is going to eradicate the ideas. Seems like the tactics of drone strikes and lobbing bombs are instead dispersing the ideas and while ISIS's head quarters is weaker, the pedestrians in England and France (etc.) are less safe.

I personally think this has to be about eradicating a set of bad ideas that emerged from a perverted reading of the Koran. Battling ideas with weapons is extremely difficult because I think that requires ultimately killing nearly everyone that adheres to the bad ideas, some sort of full scale invasion like we had to do to "eradicate" extreme nationalism in Europe in the late 1940's. The west needs to develop a strategy for eradicating these bad ideas that doesn't involve reciprocating violence. Some research has shown that violence spreads similarly to contagious diseases (e.g., https://www.ted.com/talks/gary_slutkin_let_s_treat_violence_like_a_contagious_disease), perhaps reinventing our models on the spread of radical ideas and violence would be a good place to start in rethinking our policies on how to counteract Islamic terrorism, and any other form of terrorism.

Interesting article that I have a lot of agreement with. Doesn't go against my post you quoted at all though, in fact I think it agrees with it.

Back