• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lone Survivor

The largest outside of Lutrell are at 100, lowest at 10. Most are in the 35-50 range.

His own after action report reports 20-35. The Medal of Honor paper work climbs to around 40. A speech shortly thereafter you get to 40-50 above and the same number on the flanks and the memoir climbs to 170-200.

Interesting, thanks.

If people think Luttrell came off as too big of a douche bag, then you're probably going to think the same about 90% of the SEAL community. Supreme self-confidence, with a mixture of arrogance is commonplace, but is also to be expected among such a highly motivated group of individuals that have proved to be among the nations most elite forces. Seems to be very little watered down moderation, in many aspects, among the SEAL community, or at least among all of the ones that I have interacted with.

Hooyah.

i think he came off more as a douche because of his constant 'liberal/media' whining, not because he thinks SEALs are awesome

I do have to say when I was in high school and playing football and wrestling I thought BUD/S sounded like an awesome challenge and would be incredible to train for and attempt.

12 years later as an out of shape attorney when I was reading his description I had one thought going through my mind. Fuck. That. Shit.

Marcus Luttrell has said that the movie exaggerates the number of insurgents for the sake of drama. As most of you know, that is pretty commonplace in movies. As far as him having a conservative bias, that makes sense to me because most doers in this country are more conservative minded. Most whiny ass complainers that look down on people that are unapologetic in their belief system are more liberal minded.

Going on Saturday, can't wait.

Marcus Luttrell has said that the movie exaggerates the number of insurgents for the sake of drama. As most of you know, that is pretty commonplace in movies. As far as him having a conservative bias, that makes sense to me because most doers in this country are more conservative minded. Most whiny ass complainers that look down on people that are unapologetic in their belief system are more liberal minded.

The numbers I posted above are from the book.

HOF post

If people think Luttrell came off as too big of a douche bag, then you're probably going to think the same about 90% of the SEAL community. Supreme self-confidence, with a mixture of arrogance is commonplace, but is also to be expected among such a highly motivated group of individuals that have proved to be among the nations most elite forces. Seems to be very little watered down moderation, in many aspects, among the SEAL community, or at least among all of the ones that I have interacted with.

Hooyah.

I don't think you could be a SEAL and do what they do any other way. Those guys are unreal. Badass of badasses.

I also found it amusing that he didn't bother to mention any of the Afghans in the acknowledgment section.

I also found it amusing that he didn't bother to mention any of the Afghans in the acknowledgment section.

Could that be because they're still over there? I imagine that wouldn't make them terribly popular with some of the more dangerous types.

Of course the Marines don't have an ax to grind when it comes to Red Wings.

Back