• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Look at the balls on Claws(on)

As we should. And no more playing the other team’s right song - even Army/Navy. Taking this Hatch p*ssy sportsmanship culture crap too far.

I agree 100% with not playing the other school's fight song. But OTOH, I have no problem, and kind of like, playing the other school's alma mater, esp. the in-state opponents. If you're from NC and a Wake grad, you undoubtedly have friends/family who attended NCSU/Hole-ville/App State/Elon/AT&T, etc., and maybe will be in attendance with you when we play them at BB&T. So I'm totally cool with playing their alma mater, which speaks to their academic mission and place in the culture of their community, and their being guests of ours for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon; totally harmless.
But again, the fight song?...nope...hell nope.....

As my wife and I were walking into Homecoming against Army a few years ago I noted we had to be the only school that let the other team parachute into our stadium and how much I hated doing things like that.

Little did I know they had our playbook and were cheating. But let’s make sure we keep it classy.

Do we still do that? I hope not. Man I remember when that was introduced near the end of my stint in the band. Made us feel like huge tools. I played the wrong notes loudly on purpose to make it sound shittier. Sorry banddeac.

Not all heroes wear capes, 06. Thank you for your service.

As my wife and I were walking into Homecoming against Army a few years ago I noted we had to be the only school that let the other team parachute into our stadium and how much I hated doing things like that.

Little did I know they had our playbook and were cheating. But let’s make sure we keep it classy.
I agree with the fight song stuff but having the Golden Knights do a jump into the stadium was pretty cool. I see nothing wrong with that one.

US Army football = cheaters.

US Navy football...what a scam not to postpone that game or delay it when there was lightening at half time. That’s when I knew Grobe and Co. had legit flaws. We desperately needed a delay. When it finally stopped raining, we were clearly the better team, throwing and scoring twice in the dry and no wind fourth quarter, even on a soaking wet field, alas, too little too late.

Any other team forces that lightening delay since the damn end zone had metal seats...I was like...lightening...sweet...we can actually start throwing the ball after the delay...but nope. They hustled out of halftime, never threw it and scored again quickly...a shame. All that off season work, no cognizance of streak lightening nearby and we lose a very winnable game.

Grobe casual.

I'm tired of us being simps due to "sportsmanship."
Ninety percent of the crap being mentioned on this thread has or is nothing related to competition. Except maybe competing for self-defeat.
I don't even support playing another school's alma mater song. And especially not their fight song. If they don't have a band, tough sh*t. Why should we be obligated to excite the opposition fans and players? That's asinine. Welcoming private greetings before the game, not cheating by stealing playbooks, etc, I have no problem with. That's friendly competition. But doing crap to turn our stadium/arena/courts into a home game for the opponent? That's Simp Shit.
And that goes double for ACC opponents. TRIPLE for Big Four ones.

wait, were our national champ field hockey players a bunch of thugs? I must have missed that.

Others can elaborate. I remember there was some incident and Wellman cracked down and it hurt the program.

Wellman started the ritual of playing the visiting teams fight song after we played at Nebraska in 2004.

Hell yeah, show those mountain folk they better check themselves before they wreck yosef

Well, I have no animosity to App St and like to see them win all their games except against us. The win they had against unc last season was one of the biggest non Wake related pleasures I enjoyed. It will be a tough battle though

What's everyone's opinion about flying our home opponents' school flags at the top of the East stands for the entirety of the season?

Back