• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lord of the Rings Mafia by Townie ft. Gooner & WFU; Civs Lose

You are assuming everyone else in the game had the same information as you did at the exact same point in the game.

YOU would have bought our claim, because YOU knew I was silenced, but others playing wouldn't have been so willing to buy into such a claim without any questions whatsoever.

Yeah most people would have bought it. Neither of you were at risk of dying at that point. Even if damo was about to get lynched it buys time.

Yes a play like this works

Could work, sure. No arguments.

But there is no way that isn't questioned by somebody in the thread about it being a mafia play. Then mafia don't kill me that night and we look even worse in the thread.

Mafia can fake a lot of shit. When was the last time we had a mafia fake claim?

Yeah most people would have bought it. Neither of you were at risk of dying at that point. Even if damo was about to get lynched it buys time.

People didn't buy damo's claim the next day but just chose to ignore him for the time being

If we are both alive after that night (after claiming D4) then it looks even worse for both of us. Now agreed that it clears one of us eventually when the other dies (most likely via lynching) but then that means the town wasted a lynch vs the mafia used a night kill.

that was a mind-fuck for me too and when i stopped following along dead since i couldnt even post in our mason chat anymore after i died

which, btw, was a WTFacoster decision from the mods. has that literally ever happened before? did mafia members get asked not to continue to post in maf chat after they died?

like, seriously, what was the thought process there?

I've never been in a mason chat where a dead mason could continue posting (note i've been in relatively few mason chats).

I'd like to see us move to either/or: either dead masons can stay in mason chat or they can choose dead chat instead. you can't have both.

Could work, sure. No arguments.

But there is no way that isn't questioned by somebody in the thread about it being a mafia play. Then mafia don't kill me that night and we look even worse in the thread.

Dude this makes no sense at all. Anytime mason's claim it "could" be mafia, its not like the mod confirms it. How often are mason claims seriously questioned?

I've never been in a mason chat where a dead mason could continue posting (note i've been in relatively few mason chats).

I'd like to see us move to either/or: either dead masons can stay in mason chat or they can choose dead chat instead. you can't have both.

I wasn't given the choice. And didn't get dead chat until like 4 PM or something. Which, whatever, I was checked out by then, but that wasn't the reason I was asked to leave mason chat.

I would 100% allow a dead mason to talk to their mason partner after death. They are no different than mafia members continuing to contribute in mafia chat post death.

People didn't buy damo's claim the next day but just chose to ignore him for the time being

If we are both alive after that night (after claiming D4) then it looks even worse for both of us. Now agreed that it clears one of us eventually when the other dies (most likely via lynching) but then that means the town wasted a lynch vs the mafia used a night kill.

I didn’t buy it because he DIDNT come out day before. If you all had come out immediately it would have made sense. Granted nobody counterclaimed so logic prevailed. But it immediately got my flags up because masons always claim immediately. Always

Dude this makes no sense at all. Anytime mason's claim it "could" be mafia, its not like the mod confirms it. How often are mason claims seriously questioned?

Most mason claims happen on d1, not d4, where, I would argue, it would feel like a mafia play given their advantage and just needing a couple more mislynches.

I'm totally not going to immediately claim the next time I'm a mason though

Also I don't think I've ever been a real mason

I wasn't given the choice. And didn't get dead chat until like 4 PM or something. Which, whatever, I was checked out by then, but that wasn't the reason I was asked to leave mason chat.

I would 100% allow a dead mason to talk to their mason partner after death. They are no different than mafia members continuing to contribute in mafia chat post death.

Yeah I’ve never seen it where a mason couldn’t stay. I agree with Dv7 on this. Just don’t link deadchat. But if mafia get to stay so should masons

As long as the masons have no power, I think it is fine - its just two brains with no extra info. If the masons are like cop and BG or something and the cop gets hit, I dont think he should be able to stay and share the info.

Most mason claims happen on d1, not d4, where, I would argue, it would feel like a mafia play given their advantage and just needing a couple more mislynches.

we literally just played another game where masons didnt happen until one found the other. which, guess what! Damo could have said

I didn’t buy it because he DIDNT come out day before. If you all had come out immediately it would have made sense. Granted nobody counterclaimed so logic prevailed. But it immediately got my flags up because masons always claim immediately. Always

Again, perhaps a misplay on our part, but me being silenced and not being able to contribute to confirming the claim played into our equation.

I will admit that I personally didn't even consider having damo claim, say I would vote for X player at Y time and then I did that. Would have been the better move, in hindsight. But I do maintain that people would have still wondered about it being a mafia play/fake silencing.

Back