• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lord of the Rings Mafia by Townie ft. Gooner & WFU; Civs Lose

its fine, there are different ways to play, I just dont think your reasoning is about helping civs win, its about what you think makes you live longer

As long as the masons have no power, I think it is fine - its just two brains with no extra info. If the masons are like cop and BG or something and the cop gets hit, I dont think he should be able to stay and share the info.

Cop mason would be leaking those results each time to their partner tho

Just don't give cop mason the investigation result on the night he was hit and it's all good.

I'm totally not going to immediately claim the next time I'm a mason though

Also I don't think I've ever been a real mason

I dont remember what game it was, but GAt and I were masons a few games back and we didnt claim til after one of us died. I was also masons with romanov in a smaller game and he wasnt around day 1, so we didnt claim and he fake claimed a cop role day 2.

Generally, day 1 claim is the right way to do it, but I think there can be exceptions.

its fine, there are different ways to play, I just dont think your reasoning is about helping civs win, its about what you think makes you live longer

lol, I don't care how long my character lives in these games

I'm always the first to volunteer to make hits for mafia not worried if I get seen by a watcher.

It obviously did not matter, but the 2nd biggest reason I hated damo's claim (#1 being timing) was actually that I was already out as the cop. At that point, damo and I were the only two left in the fellowship, so one of us had to survive to endgame in order to destroy the ring.

There you go, WFU.

You may not want to give me the credit for this game, because you don't like my posting style - but I was fucking grossly accurate with about 8 reads; maybe 9. Toogs was not one of them. Neither was Juice. I had juice so damn wrong; it's embarrassing.

It has nothing to do with not liking your posting style. Yes, I don't like the 6th grade jokes, but that's not the point. The point is if you post 1,000 different reads and directions, some will be right. If you only posted a few reads, I would give you a heckuva lot more credit for them.

I didn’t buy it because he DIDNT come out day before. If you all had come out immediately it would have made sense. Granted nobody counterclaimed so logic prevailed. But it immediately got my flags up because masons always claim immediately. Always

Da and I didn’t claim until like day 3 in the avengers game. But I was searching for someone. Maybe not a great play.

It has nothing to do with not liking your posting style. Yes, I don't like the 6th grade jokes, but that's not the point. The point is if you post 1,000 different reads and directions, some will be right. If you only posted a few reads, I would give you a heckuva lot more credit for them.

I'll try that next game I play. I'll see fi I can flex to that idea. It's worth a shot.

AND he was silenced and then killed the next night which is what mafia does. Very frustrating that I figured out the silencer but he wasn't mafia. That was difficult

in mafia chat I was like WTF silencing? Thought I missed us having a power

I've never been in a mason chat where a dead mason could continue posting (note i've been in relatively few mason chats).

I'd like to see us move to either/or: either dead masons can stay in mason chat or they can choose dead chat instead. you can't have both.

I always let them stay but yeah obviously they can't go to dead chat

DV7, blame gooner and townie. I argued heavily that you should have been allowed to stay. I lost.

I'll try that next game I play. I'll see fi I can flex to that idea. It's worth a shot.

It also would make it easier for civs to follow your reads if you had fewer of them. Right now, you are almost shitclouding yourself.

Stop. No. If you're a civ, get on Bym or Juice. Damo is NOT the play.

bym and juice

BOTH CIVS.

BYM needs to be in this tie. I'm through #541 on the re-read. The following is my analysis:

Ok, story time.

I think mafia chat opened up and they all agreed to just shitcloud the thread. That hurts Toogs and DV7, who I have as civvy now - but cooincidences happen. Toogs has dialed back though. This is all hunch work and not as good as the rest of my reads. It just felt like a theme developing.

Mafia is going to hit Redwing at some point - he's either the cop, the angel, or mafia. Protection should seriously consider being on him. If Redwing comes out with a special claim on day 4 or 5, then you fucks need to be all ears.

If we lynch Juice here and he comes back mafia, then Rommy is 100% the play. See posts #29

Ph - IC

bym -WRONG mafia based on tone and interactions. I'm 85% on this, outside speical read, but certainly not vanilla. Bym not chiming in on the slave state thing seems to be intentional avoidance; all the while posting recipies. Everything prior to #200 is just total dogshit from that guy. This is such a stretch, but even #400 is bad; because it’s helpful and funny without being helpful. It’s just so…mafia.

rommy Parlay was civ, so this analysis was based on false information the Slave State banter between Rommy and Parlay read as forced when it was done. I thought the tension might be due to the subject matter, but now looking at it, it doesn’t look at smooth on the contours as it should. That’s around #90. It’s too jerky, like they were side-barring in mafia chat on it. #385 is dogshit; like really bad about Parlay.

Juice - WRONG #29 is a garbage entry and ties Rommy to the mafia. Weird post @Parlay #518. We just learn so damn much when he dies.

Tejas - Benefit of the doubt I'm not in love with #527. Numbers had to be the play, because we should never keep Numbers in a game when Tejas is the other option, but he's not clear. #62 he soft claims a hobbit. If rommy is mafia, then Tejas isn’t. #225.

Da Benefit of the doubt Not a good look for Da on #482, baby soft defense of Parlay.

Gouda - Inconlusive #174 is good, especially if Rommy is bad. 170s and 180s don’t feel like Gouda and Rommy are aligned. #359 is ungood. Oh no…#361 is terrible for Gouda.

redwing - something's up with Redwing. His day 1 for me was super weird. He's either trying to activate some kind of power, or has brain damage. If Goaliemom comes in and says Redwing is a normal human being, then redwing is a good vote. He’s probably the cop or doctor. Early vote #21. Eagles in #453 has the same read re: not alignment determination.

DV7 was indeed a civ! good job. He’s claimed hobbit several different ways. Mafia kills him at some point. He’s got civ written all over him from a role standpoint, but the continual shitclouding just screams mafia. It’s like he’s trying to keep up with his shitcloud buddy bym.

SD3 - civ, 98% based on tone, posts, and #551. 98%
damo - Civ because of his entry and interactions with Redwing. This is 95%. Votes on redwing was very organic #564. I love #405. Great reaction in #431.
toogs - WRONG Civ on tone, also interactions are solid. Three votes on him day 1 is full retard. I like he was on Parlay day 1 #296. #301 is the post of the game. Book it. Parlay banter at #303 is so organic and inapposite to the Slave state stuff.

DV14
GoalieMom
JMan
mako
ryala

Nonny - WRONG AND WTF solved? Bad entry and shitty end of day 1. #506 [Knight solved #729]
Eagles - SOLVED? fuck sake Frodo, you shitbirds should have protected him. [Knight solved #382; #274 is cute, bb]
numbers - Gollum, Indy (lynched D1)

***juice*** is bad. I have more when I get to the office.

WRONG

This is just not a civ post.

WRONG

Spin me a tail of the difference between Nonny, Redwing, Bym, and Parlay. Because I like all four for bad guys.

ALL FOUR WERE NOT BAD GUYS

WRONG.

To be clear, Parlay comign back bad is like 100% at this point. His immediate switch off of SD3 screams "I already knew that."

Just because Parlay comes back bad, doesn't mean that Nonny is clear; especially if Parlay is just a goon.

So incredibly wrong. And hilarious.

And wrong.

Civ toogs is civ.

WRONG.

A redwing/ryala tie is horrible here, guys. Just fucking terrible. We learn nothing.

I would NOT be surprised if the entire mafia is stacked on Ryala.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA these two together was very funny to read

I agree. Man...Redwing, regardless of alignment, you fucking sucked this game. I know how good you are at the game, so I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, but fuck me man. Just trash effort either way.

If there's movement to Mako, I'll stay here, but at this point I'm fine with Redwing going.

Hedging bets

but

WRONG.

Whew, lad. You spent all that time and half of what you posted is just humor. But I like you pulling some day 2 stuff.

Even in the post game, you don't know who the mafia is. Gatdayum. Parlay, bro.

Just a super quick ISO on knight and he wasnt really jumping around with his reads, he just posted a lot of if/thens, which made sense. I didnt see many places where he completely backtracked on a read, except for Bym, but specials sometimes read inorganic too. I think there is a hesitance to follow him because he is so uber confident about the reads in a game that is about guessing and reading the tea leaves. Thought he did a great job clearing himself this game - I was a civ day one and at the time hated a basic full role claim out the gates, but it helped.

Who was the final mafia team, anyway? I haven't even bothered to look yet.

Rommy, toogs, da, jman, ryala, townie(jk)

eh?

Whew, lad. You spent all that time and half of what you posted is just humor. But I like you pulling some day 2 stuff.

Even in the post game, you don't know who the mafia is. Gatdayum. Parlay, bro.

Oh so now you want to pretend that your reads were just "humor" aka "sarcastic"

Kind of like drinking bleach or subjecting yourself to UV rays to kill the 'Rona? I see why you like the President so much. You have so much in common with him. It's Bromantic.

The maf was parlay, rommy, ryala, toogs, JMan and Da (recruited). So yeah, Knight was right about parlay

Back