• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lord of the Rings Mafia by Townie ft. Gooner & WFU; Civs Lose

I also don't really get the widespread hate Knight got in this postgame. He certainly missed some reads and posted too much/listened too little, but he had good reads for a civ that wasn't any sort of investigatory role. Obviously what he did didn't lead us to winning, but I don't think it was one of the top few factors towards why we lost

anyway, I'm good now that I pointed out what I see in what Knight does. Different styles and all that, I suppose, but holy shit, he loves to fellate himself for no good reason. Just makes no sense to me.

Anyone interested in a poker tournament tonight (on Poker Stars' free site) just PM me to let me know. $25 dollars (we venmo/zelle/paypal the winners) buy in. 10,000 starting chips, 5 min blinds. Typically have about 10-15 players. Places paid depends on entrants but typically 3rd gets money back, 2nd doubles/triples buy in and winner gets the rest.

If you PM me I can give you the home game ID and password.

I also don't really get the widespread hate Knight got in this postgame. He certainly missed some reads and posted too much/listened too little, but he had good reads for a civ that wasn't any sort of investigatory role. Obviously what he did didn't lead us to winning, but I don't think it was one of the top few factors towards why we lost

my opinion on mafia-Knight is not game results-oriented

I just think he's a gigantic douchebag clown in these games

Because it was straight dogshit as a claim.

1) you had the random fits and starts about what the role really was "OH YEAH I FORGOT THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT THE RING DERPY DERP"

2) Bilbo had fuck-all to do with LOTR aside from the mithril sex vest

3) Frodo did all the hard fucking work while Bilbo smoked the Halfling's Weed and chilled out with the dirty elven girls

1) The claim was good enough to survive the round, which was the goal.

2) He has enough to have a minor role. He was the keeper of the ring after all.

3) I had a reason for not wanting to reveal the ring condition, which I would have given had some asshole not gone rogue with no regard to civs lives and vigged me.

Smoking weed and hanging out with elven women sounds pretty awesome

ZINN: You view the conflict as being primarily about pipe-weed, do you not?

CHOMSKY: Well, what we see here, in Hobbiton, farmers tilling crops. The thing to remember is that the crop they are tilling is, in fact, pipe-weed, an addictive drug transported and sold throughout Middle Earth for great profit.

ZINN: This is absolutely established in the books. Pipe-weed is something all the Hobbits abuse. Gandalf is smoking it constantly. You are correct when you point out that Middle Earth depends on pipe-weed in some crucial sense, but I think you may be overstating its importance. Clearly the war is not based only on the Shire’s pipe-weed. Rohan and Gondor’s unceasing hunger for war is a larger culprit, I would say.

CHOMSKY: But without the pipe-weed, Middle Earth would fall apart. Saruman is trying to break up Gandalf’s pipe-weed ring. He’s trying to divert it.

ZINN: Well, you know, it would be manifestly difficult to believe in magic rings unless everyone was high on pipe-weed. So it is in Gandalf’s interest to keep Middle Earth hooked.

CHOMSKY: How do you think these wizards build gigantic towers and mighty fortresses? Where do they get the money? Keep in mind that I do not especially regard anyone, Saruman included, as an agent for progressivism. But obviously the pipe-weed operation that exists is the dominant influence in Middle Earth. It’s not some ludicrous magical ring.

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles...platinum-series-extended-edition-dvd-part-one

I agree civs were awful

But when the win condition says must destroy ring, and civs refuse to claim because of this, it’s hard to lynch mafia, if not broken

Doesn't having everyone claim destroy the whole purpose of the game? If my Saul game gets off the ground, there will be a reveal restriction.

Oh you innocent mafia child

Doesn't having everyone claim destroy the whole purpose of the game? If my Saul game gets off the ground, there will be a reveal restriction.

I am obviously not a fan of a giant claim game. But when you have a cop and masons who are scared to reveal because they have to protect a ring that is more than problematic. It breaks the game

There you go, WFU.

You may not want to give me the credit for this game, because you don't like my posting style - but I was fucking grossly accurate with about 8 reads; maybe 9. Toogs was not one of them. Neither was Juice. I had juice so damn wrong; it's embarrassing.

You live in that world. The shit you spewed about your reasoning behind me was hysterical.

1. It was based upon toogs being a civ and he was my teammate
2. day 1s are whatever. I'll talk about anything and I don't think or care about what I say. I'm looking for someone else to fuck up. But I'm opinionated and if I'm around, I'm going to talk.
3. The civil war shit was totally organic to the thread and was never once raised in chat.

So you had a horseshoe up your ass and guessed right on a few but when you lean mafia on 12 and their are 23 players and only 6 mafia, you are going to hit a few.

You need to have enough roles aligned with the theme in the game to make the fact that you’re running that theme make sense. But I fully support giving /real/ fake claims. That’s the whole point of fake claims - so that people, other than 1 or 2 roles a game are cleared or indicted based on their play / claimed powers and not the name associated with the role.

The maf was parlay, rommy, ryala, toogs, JMan and Da (recruited). So yeah, Knight was right about parlay

This is correct but his reasoning was hysterical. GAT had me. Gat is a great player that made a great play. Knight had me but if he follows that reasoning, he's gonna have me as mafia every game we play together (which I think he usually does).

Of course you like knight. Most people enjoy being fellated. SOme might be turned off by the guy turning the trick in this case but you're young and horny.

Knight on blast, chastising 75% of the players in the game and, in doing so, discouraging contributions. It would be nice to hear other voices occasionally. The reason some of the best players are successful is they are measured in their game analysis. Look at eaglez. No one is better. He can concisely state what he does or doesn't like and give reasons for his leans. His summaries are succinct. People listen. Knight voted for me 3 times on day 2 before another vote was cast. One of them during a period where votes didn't count. Was he right? Absolutely. Did he ding his credibility and ultimately likely contribute to my surviving that lynch? Likely.

Back