• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louie returns April 9 at 10:30 (summer TV thread)

I've gone back three pages and nothing about White Collar or Covert Affairs..do you think it might be time ot change the title of the thread?

Go up 4 posts from your last post, which I quoted, and there is a series of posts about White Collar and Covert Affairs.

Both eps of Louie were interesting. Both eps were essentially about the same thing, talking to someone who you adamantly disagree with without having a decent argument that works contrary to their beliefs.

Strong ep of Wilfred as well.

The League debuts Oct 6. Have to imagine they were sweating with the lockout.

WakeGal, rjkarl has me on ignore. Not sure why he doesn't realize he's talking to me or that I've been changing the title of the thread every week or so depending on what's on. Soon it will be time to start a Fall TV thread.

Gal. missed that my bad...I wouldn't be surprised if Mozzie comes up with a way to get Elizabeth back. Then he tells Peter that Neil had refused to run when they had the chance.

Some of the art is recovered and given back to rightful owners. I wonder if they bring Beau Bridges in more often next season. His character is a good one.

Wilfred killed it this week. Great lines in the first one.

"You son of a bitch!"
"I've never understood why that is an insult"

"Eat shit!"
"The tone says insult but it sounds like a tempting offer"

"I'm not crazy"
"Says the man to the dog"

Then the piece in the epilogue followed by the next ep with Ryan is the "creepy guy" in the neighborhood.

They're telling a funny story about a guy's serious mental health issues.

Klosterman on Louie:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/32345/louies-brilliant-second-season

Includes this passage, which I whole-heartedly agree with:

"The more I think about it, the more I suspect the interaction with Dane Cook might be the strongest seven-minute stretch I’ve ever seen on television: It’s realer than any reality show, more emotionally complicated than most 300-page memoirs, yet still awkward and severe and (somehow) easy to watch. I want to know everything about this scene — I want to know if this conversation truly happened, I want to know Cook’s views on his involvement, and I want to know C.K.’s deeper intent."

Alright so this is my problem with Louie though. I thought that scene with Dane Cook was interesting, but this dude loves it even though he doesn't seem to really understand it. I don't think I can really enjoy something when I don't understand what the people who made it are trying to say. Most of the episodes I come away thinking, "Ok so what is Louie trying to comment on here?" Some are clear on their surface, but others I just don't get.

Louie C.K. is a genius. Tonight's ep sealed it.

(Note: Louie's daughter is the genius at least behind this ep)

Louie C.K. is a genius. Tonight's ep sealed it.

(Note: Louie's daughter is the genius at least behind this ep)

That was a pretty outstanding episode. I'm not at Klosterman level of "OMG this is the best thing humanity has ever created", but CK has definitely been on this season.

This entire season of Louie has really been great. Totally unique.

It's been a pleasure to rewatch this season of Parks and Rec and watch this season of Louie on Thursday nights.

Unlike previous eps, this was one that was more family friendly. I'd feel comfortable watching this one and the Pamela one in mixed company

Entourage is going all out with the "everything worked out" angle this season.

I guess it's still summer (probably considered a fall show) but Sons of Anarchy is back tonight.

Didn't want to start another thread unless necessary. Maybe if some cool crap happens in the season premiere.

I was planning on starting a Fall TV thread and a separate new Fall shows thread. Is there a big enough SoA following that it deserves its own thread?

It's one of those "great shows" I need to sit down and watch. One of these days I'm going to take a few days and just veg out and watch The Wire, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, and a few other shows I just never got into originally.

My complete box set of "The Wire" just got delivered to my doorstep. I too am psyched to get some quality couch time for this. I need to get my hands on "Breaking Bad" too. I've never seen a single ep but I'm convinced, based on what I've heard and who I've heard say it, that I'd love it.

Same here. What's crazy is I watched the pilot and didn't think much of it at all.

Sons of Anarchy definitely deserves its own thread. Can't wait for the premiere tonight even though probably won't watch it until tomorrow due to DVR overload.

Ph, go for it for a fall tv thread if you want to...I'd be grateful. I think my biggest problem right now is moving to a new place and not knowing/remembering which shows to DVR that are coming back soon and when.

The Wire is great shit...I just started Breaking Bad (watched the first season and have the other two queued up--thanks parents for the Chinese bootleg copies!) and just from your posts/based on what I figure your tastes to be, you'll like it. I'm about to start SoA soon too--don't know how I fell behind on both of those two.

Holy cow, that final segment of Louie, "Airport," was perfect. IMO, what we just saw was one of the best seasons of a TV show in history. A great show firing on all cylinders.

Holy cow, that final segment of Louie, "Airport," was perfect. IMO, what we just saw was one of the best seasons of a TV show in history. A great show firing on all cylinders.

I'm normally wary getting too hyped up in the heat of the moment, and making proclamations that "this is one of the best shows evah" but I have to say Louie made me think that, that I did just finish watching one of the best seasons of a show (not just comedy) ever.

I watch a lot of TV and would never throw a statement like that out there mindlessly. It really was a phenomenal season of TV. There is really nothing like it. I thought that final segment, "Airport," encapsulated all the things that make the show so great -- it's simultaneously funny, sad, brutally honest, and really sort of touching. You have the sense in watching it that it's unlike any other show you've ever seen (it's really like a series of short films).

I know some folks were a little lukewarm on Louie last season, but if you watched this season, I can't imagine not feeling blown away.

Back