• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louisville game similar to 1991 Duke game.

wfu22fan

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
In Odom's second year, we had to beat Duke at the Joel in our last regular season game to assure a bid to the NCAAT. The crowd was wild, as shown on YouTube replays. And we did it, starting a run of 6 straight Trips to the dance. A victory against Louisville could propel us in a similar direction.

Was there and it was awesome!

That game was the reason I applied to (and subsequently went to) Wake

I was there. We won. Also went to the tournament games in Atlanta.

Here's the full replay, somehow...

Man, how dope was our old floor?

That guy hanging on the rim at the end...Ok which one of you was it? That was great

Was that the year we played Louisville in the first round of the NCAA tourney?

Was this the one where Papparo called the foul on Laettner, then realized it was his fifth, and called it an inadvertent whistle?

That was a great game. My senior year. Really thought that team had a chance to make some noise. That was a good Alabama team we lost to that year. Horry, Cheatum, Sprewell, Robinson

I loved that team! McQueen, young Chill, RR, Tucker, Chris king, and the freak himself, Robert Siler!

And the McCaffrey kid was still at Duke that year - he transferred to Vandy and, I think, was like SEC player of the year. I think he is uncle or cousin or something to the great Stanford running back and part of that ridiculously talented family...

Watching (parts) of that video brought back the complete awesomeness of watching Randolph as a college player. The guy was constantly talking at his teammates and was just full of swagger, both on and off the court...even walking around campus, he'd spot a teammate across the quad, stop and bark something at them about getting to class, getting to the gym, practicing free throws...he always made his presence known without being a showoff. Duke can keep their pretentious floor slappers...give me Chill's gum throw and "get up" every time.

Let's hope Randolph fires up the team with lessons about that '90-'91 squad, slaying giants and breaking ankles...and swagger...lots of swagger

So much prefer that old floor to the new one.

What part is your favorite? The goofy bubble letters they use for ACC in the paint? The wrong-gold colored Wake Forest in random 80's style across the top of half court? There's pretty much nothing at all better about that court than our current one, unless you really can't stand the paint not being painted.

Back