• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louisville game similar to 1991 Duke game.

We beat Duke nine times in a row starting with this game. I was there; snuck down to front row in the corner with a buddy.

The Rodney elbow to Laettner's jaw might have been the best play in the history of college bball.

Went to the Bama game in Atlanta on the way back from spring break. Good times...

No we didn't. The 9 game win streak started in 1993 at Cameron. We won 1993-1, 1994-2, 1995-3, 1996-2, 1997-1. Tim Duncan never lost in Cameron and only lost once to Duke in his career.

I generally prefer the current floor design to the old one, but I've always missed the "Wake Forest" across the top of center court. There was no mistaking whose court it was in those days. Lots of people who don't follow the ACC have no idea what school the Deacon head represents.

There were a few other schools back in the day that had a similar design with the school name on it. BC was one.

I'm also sorry that the tourney games now have a uniform floor design. Besides the fact that it's now much harder to figure out which game/regional you're watching when you're just walking by the TV in the lunchroom, the host schools lost a chance to advertise themselves. Always loved it when the Joel hosted NCAA games back then because it got more people (and recruits) thinking about WF.

Back