• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louisville game similar to 1991 Duke game.

I was not around for this game. Was it full all the way to the rafters?

There are many many seats on stubhub tonight for $6 that are going unpurchased. I wonder how thing have changed so much since 1991.

DR must have just settled a big case
He's feeling his oats
#godblesshim

There are many many seats on stubhub tonight for $6 that are going unpurchased. I wonder how thing have changed so much since 1991.

Yes. Lots of sellouts during the RR relevancy period.

What part is your favorite?

Probably just nostalgia because we won two ACCT titles with Randolph and Timmy during the time that floor was in use..... oh, and because the "paint" was painted. :thumbsup:

Shows you how it could be again. I was 13 years old and was at that game. Man nothing was better than that as a kid.

Probably just nostalgia because we won two ACCT titles with Randolph and Timmy during the time that floor was in use..... oh, and because the "paint" was painted. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I didn't mean that to be snarky - I had the same reaction and then actually pulled up the Pitt game on my TV to compare the two courts. I was kinda surprised that basically everything about the new court is better - I just associate the old look with tough, winning Wake teams and the new look with soul-crushing losses mixed with irrelevance. Right now everything throw-back looks pretty awesome, compounded by the fact that Collins rocks the short shorts.

I was on the court somewhere in that crowd- ah the good old days when college basketball was exciting

I'm pretty sure this is the first Wake Forest game I ever saw. Watched it on a 9 inch black and white tv.

Last edited:
What I said about Elrod is he's my friend and I want to see what actually happened. I don't believe Wellman. Since that time, other schools have confirmed it.

I think Wellman erred in hiring him to do the radio job. Whether or not you agree with that has nothing to do with whether Elrod is a traitor. He's a traitor. Next.

Do you all not see the obvious reason you would be suing Papa Johns and Dominos all the time. Hello???

What I said about Elrod is he's my friend and I want to see what actually happened. I don't believe Wellman. Since that time, other schools have confirmed it.

I think Wellman erred in hiring him to do the radio job. Whether or not you agree with that has nothing to do with whether Elrod is a traitor. He's a traitor. Next.

Do you all not see the obvious reason you would be suing Papa Johns and Dominos all the time. Hello???

what is this in response to

Can you please limit your bullshit to one thread? Thanks in advance.

Maybe the mods could create the DR thread- it would be the only thread that he can post on and he's free to talk whatever bullshit he wants- Elrod, Miller, a new coliseum, whether or not Jason Williams will play, all of his rich and famous friends, etc

Yes. It was full up. That was a lot different environment. ThI buzz around that freshmen class was very big. The Alabama Wake game was one of the best basketball games I've ever seen. Each team had multiple NBA players and the pace was furious. They were older and won. The next game they played Arkansas who won it.

That team had great players that played the same position.

Tonight's game had the same feeling as that Duke game in 1991. Hopefully, this win will have the same kind of impact with the selection committee.

The 2043 equivalent of YouTube better have highlights from last night's game.

I think it was the Duke game the next season that got us in. We were a pretty solid team in 90-91 and going to the dance regardless.

We beat Duke nine times in a row starting with this game. I was there; snuck down to front row in the corner with a buddy.

The Rodney elbow to Laettner's jaw might have been the best play in the history of college bball.

Went to the Bama game in Atlanta on the way back from spring break. Good times...

The big difference between that Duke game and last night's Louisville game is that at the Duke game, it was loud from the opening tip. It was a sellout. Everyone was on their feet the entire game. Last night people got loud in spurts... mostly in the last 5 minutes... and the upper deck was 10% full. a baby could have slept through the first half.

The big difference between that Duke game and last night's Louisville game is that at the Duke game, it was loud from the opening tip. It was a sellout. Everyone was on their feet the entire game. Last night people got loud in spurts... mostly in the last 5 minutes... and the upper deck was 10% full. a baby could have slept through the first half.

This pains me...it's a shame how little pride there is...even in our mediocre seasons during the Odom-Prosser (+Dino) era people would fill the upper deck for a top 25 opponent...let alone a top 10 with a HOF coach

Back