• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louisville rehires Bobby Petrino

Did you guys hear a bunch of UNC athletes read below a third grade level?

Heard Petrino on Mike and Mike this morning, he is the most insincere sounding person I think I've ever heard.

There's a $10M buyout for him. This should be in all coaching contracts.

Heard Petrino on Mike and Mike this morning, he is the most insincere sounding person I think I've ever heard.

Heard the same thing and completely agree. I would accept so much more than the current culture club at Wake would deem acceptable. That being said I wouldn't want Petrino representing Wake in any way, no matter how good he is. And there is also no way I would let my son play football for him.

The best commentary on Mike and Mike was when they were making fun of him for calling Louisville a "destination job" for him. Really Bobby?...then why did you leave in the first place??!! Can't believe he actually said that.

There are things I'll sacrifice for winning, but associating with Bobby Petrino isn't one of them.

No, Hell's Angels can operate a motorcycle with their mistress on the backseat.

He's going to get roasted on the road. Those photos of him all scraped up with a neck brace are just classic

He's going to get roasted on the road. Those photos of him all scraped up with a neck brace are just classic

Don't forget him rocking the Sugar Bowl champion hat as well. A not so subtle reminder to the university that he did win some ball games.

Ladies beware! It must be sort of strange around the old AD and football offices when you've just knowingly hired a notorious cocksman.

Because they said it on ESPN last night.

As to all coaching contracts, if you sign for X years you should coach that many years. If you are fired you get paid what is owed you. You have to pay the balance of your contract if you choose to leave.

You shouldn't expect to get paid if you are fired and not have the same on the other side if you choose to leave.

Last edited:
Because they said it on ESPN last night.

As to all coaching contracts, if you sign for X years you should coach that many years. If you are fired you get paid what is owed you. You have to pay the balance of your contract if you choose to leave.

You shouldn't expect to get paid if you are fired and not have the same on the other side if you choose to leave.

This forgets that colleges include buy-out provisions in their contracts (Louisville and Pettrino negotiated a massive buy-out which makes it unlikely that Petrino will leave). Most buyouts are for far less than the amount left on the contract. So, when the contract is signed, both sides agree to a deal for a certain number of years for a certain amount of money each year, but the buy-out clause gives each side the chance to escape from the contract obligations for a lump sum payment. That is the industry standard at this point, and if a college insisted on contract without a no-buyout clause, there might not be deal.

Back