• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louisville rehires Bobby Petrino

What I said was the buyout clause should be extremely significant.

The "industry standard" is constantly moving. ADs should get some balls and not make it so totally onesided in most cases.

So, you don't believe 10 mill, you are just on the hook for the remainder of the contract. Seems reasonable.
Another perspective on the contract is that it is not primarily a commitment by both parties to remain in a partnership for the length of the contract. Rather, it is an agreement on the terms of the partnership for the length of that contract. You have to have something formal that documents expectations and responsibilities. I guess you could write the same contract that just gets renewed year to year but that would never fly in college football (sarcasm, that is what the player's contract does).

The parties should expect to be there for the length of the contract. Whichever party breaches that should be responsible for the remaining obligation.

That's because you don't know Bob Knight....and you've framed your opinion of him based upon all the hateful & petty criticism of him by small, insignificant & envious people who resent the enormity of what he was able to accomplish without stooping to cheat or lower standards, like most of his competetors did....and who were, in most cases, trying to make a buck off of that criticism because they knew it would always make a good story that would sell newspapers, books or magazines.

Bob Knight has more integrity than any person ever associated with college basketball.

I don't know about you, but I would rather have a coach that cheats rather than one who physically assaults his players. Both are indicators of low morals, but at least cheating doesn't cause injury.

Heard the same thing and completely agree. I would accept so much more than the current culture club at Wake would deem acceptable. That being said I wouldn't want Petrino representing Wake in any way, no matter how good he is. And there is also no way I would let my son play football for him.

The best commentary on Mike and Mike was when they were making fun of him for calling Louisville a "destination job" for him. Really Bobby?...then why did you leave in the first place??!! Can't believe he actually said that.

To be fair, Louisville is in the ACC now.

That's because you don't know Bob Knight....and you've framed your opinion of him based upon all the hateful & petty criticism of him by small, insignificant & envious people who resent the enormity of what he was able to accomplish without stooping to cheat or lower standards, like most of his competetors did....and who were, in most cases, trying to make a buck off of that criticism because they knew it would always make a good story that would sell newspapers, books or magazines.

Bob Knight has more integrity than any person ever associated with college basketball.

prosser.jpg

Let's hear this argument.

Hy`per´bo`le
n. 1. (Rhet.) A figure of speech in which the expression is an evident exaggeration of the meaning intended to be conveyed, or by which things are represented as much greater or less, better or worse, than they really are; a statement exaggerated fancifully, through excitement, or for effect.

Talk to the hundreds of players who completed the program under Bob Knight (not the quitters, they don't count) and see what they have to say about the man you claim was "physically assaulting" them.

To a man, they would walk thru a wall of fire for him.

I don't claim anything. Facts are facts.

Bob Knight was fired from Indiana University because he couldn't control his temper, which included physical intimidation of players, staff, and referees.

Unsurprising, fuck the dirty birds and their trash can hoe bag commuter school

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

I heard the fiancé of the woman Petrino had the affair with (they were engaged during the affair) went ahead and married her. Really? Sloppy seconds from Petrino until death? What a loser that guy is.

Everybody's getting somebody's sloppy seconds (or thirds, fourths, etc). A successful football coach is better than most.

I don't claim anything. Facts are facts.

Bob Knight was fired from Indiana University because he couldn't control his temper, which included physical intimidation of players, staff, and referees.

So, in short Bob Knight is a moral midget who abused young men physically and mentally while being a guy lucky enough to have coached in an age when social media didn't exist and investigative journalism was five steps behind NCAA cheating.

Bob Knight sucks and thank the lord the end of his career landed with the thud that an asshat like him deserved.

It's also kind of funny that the handful of the guys he coached (Dakich and Zeke come to mind) who are in positions with visibility (not to mention his children - What up, Pat?!) are also complete asshats.

And save me the puff piece bs. According to the N&O, Melvin Tabb was a choirboy.

Everybody's getting somebody's sloppy seconds (or thirds, fourths, etc). A successful football coach is better than most.

Yeah but she cheated on him DURING THE ENGAGEMENT. That's my point.

Yeah, few of us married virgins. I'm cool with that. I don't want a wife that is completely clueless as to "what else is out there"....such a wife might get curious. Especially since I'm Irish but hung like I'm Asian.

I heard the fiancé of the woman Petrino had the affair with (they were engaged during the affair) went ahead and married her. Really? Sloppy seconds from Petrino until death? What a loser that guy is.

He did marry her, and they are now living in SC. He is an assistant strength coach at University of South Carolina.

Got to think that guy gets shit the rest of his life for that.

The opinions of some on these boards about Bob Knight are absurd. Why don't all of you consider this: for all his faults Bob Knight was/is the best in two different fields. He was the best college basketball coach of his era, and he is now the best analyst in college basketball broadcasting. Hardly anybody posting here will sniff top 1,000 in his chosen profession, while Knight was the best in two. Grow up. People are not perfect, but some, including Bob Knight, are excellent in their professions. Most of us would consider ourselves very lucky and skillful if we even approached his accomplishments.

As an aside, many his teams simply played beautiful basketball. We should be so lucky to have a Wake team that played like some of Knight's teams. People would be knocking down the doors to get in and not staying away in droves.

Back