• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louisville - Wake Forest Game Thread

It may be annoying but I think it's justified...Duke and Wake are similar in a lot of ways and I believe Clawson is doing the things that need to be done to get there. Like Duke was when Cut. took over, we were a long, long way from being a good football team when Claw. took over. We will be good, but I think our process will be similar to Duke's trajectory instead of something like Florida's resurgence this year which was a lot earlier in the rebuild. I do think by next year we'll be bowling and you'll see a completely different program by year 4 and 5.

All you are basically saying is that it's possible to have bad results for a few years and still be a good coach. Of course that's possible. But it's not very useful analysis.

How do you know that Clawson is different than Ted Roof or any other coach that sucked for a few years but just sucks? Well you are using subjective and objective observations about Clawson, the Wake Forest program, our team. That stuff is interesting. But just saying "oh Cutcliffe sucked for 5 years and he's a good coach so we should be patient" isn't really useful.

Our seats are on the 3rd row on the 50 on the visitors sides The Refs definitely knew we weren't happy about that one. The Louisville players also heard several "Let's go strippers" chants.

We should've had stripper poles set up on their side line.

Some photos from Friday:

Deacs vs. Louisville gallery

Webb%20Simpson%20and%20wife%20Taylor-L.jpg

Brandon%20Chubb%20tackles%20J%20Quick%2001-L.jpg

Cortez%20Lewis%20runs%20fro%20TD%20after%20catch-L.jpg

Pass%20interference%20against%20KJ%20Brent-L.jpg

Tabari%20Hines%20TD%20catch-L.jpg

Cam%20Serigne%20catch%20and%20run-L.jpg

Cam%20Serigne%20catch%20and%20run%2004-L.jpg

Hunter%20Williams%20sacks%20K%20Bolin-L.jpg

Tylor%20Harris%20blocks%20FG%20attempt%2001-L.jpg

Deacon%20dancer%2002-L.jpg

The cheerleader's expression/hand motion needs to be our permanent version of the Jaguar fan's "wtf" gif.

All you are basically saying is that it's possible to have bad results for a few years and still be a good coach. Of course that's possible. But it's not very useful analysis.

How do you know that Clawson is different than Ted Roof or any other coach that sucked for a few years but just sucks? Well you are using subjective and objective observations about Clawson, the Wake Forest program, our team. That stuff is interesting. But just saying "oh Cutcliffe sucked for 5 years and he's a good coach so we should be patient" isn't really useful.

Clawson has a history of turnaround jobs. Roof did not.

Clawson has a history of turnaround jobs. Roof did not.

Next few weeks will be interesting. We're going to probably get destroyed in all three games and he'll really have to hold the team together and find some way to create momentum into next year.

Back