• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mad Men Season 6 returns April 7

PETE-SMOKE.gif

but the payoff was worth it. now he can accept his inevitable bear mauling.

Seems like all Megan wears now is black clothes.

Sterling, Cooper & Partners. Who would of thunk it.

Last edited:
Sterling, Cooper & Partners. Who would of thunk it.

Makes sense. They are the most senior names. The original firm was Sterling Cooper.

Interested to see where Pete and Joan go from this. Definitely a set up episode.

Never thought I would say this especially with my avatar, but I am very close to being done with this mess. I wish Weiner would end things this year instead of next. Roger and Don act like they are big shot ad execs, but they bring absolutely nothing to the table other than comeback lines when customers ask pointed questions. That whole crap out in California was such a waste of time (except for the time the Mustang was shown). Same Roger chasing young tail and same Don drinking/inhaling everything he can get his hands on. In fact its the same everything with these 2 guys all the time. I'd love to know what these 2 cost the company per year in salary & bennies vs what they actually put out. Sorry for the rant, but just tired of seeing a once great show head slowly down the crapper.

I think you missed the point of the California trip. You're right that Roger still brings very little to the table (as has always been the case), but you saw him get taken down a peg or two by little Danny. In Don's hash-induced haze, we saw glimpses of his obsession with death, his true desires with Megan, and even his lingering guilt over his desertion. Tack on the fact that Harry Crane set everything up, which emphasizes his actual importance to the firm, and you have a productive few scenes in the California sunshine.

I wonder what the folks at PPL will think about the new name. Technically, they likely own the protection for the name Sterling Cooper, though I doubt the writers of the show will bog it down with trademark infringement.

Such a great ending to the episode though - I wonder what kind of royalties they paid to get a Joplin song.

The whole Bob Benson thing better provide an adequate pay off. His mini-storyline is starting to get annoying. Although we did see some epic Ginsberg this episode.

Best parts of the episode by far, however, were the interactions between Peggy and Joan. Their relationship is so complex and this episode showed it better than any in recent memory. Nice to see Joan trying to assert herself for once, even if she did get rescued by Peggy.

The yin of Benson and the yang of Ginsburg is fantastic.

So Don loves his wife and wants a kid but also wants to screw around. Sounds like he needs a hall pass.

Peggy/Joan's relationship is as special as Don and Peggy's. Peg's the whole show but I love it when they let Joanie shine.

What kind of monster doesn't like Bob Benson? The guy is a goddamn American treasure.

Never thought I would say this especially with my avatar, but I am very close to being done with this mess. I wish Weiner would end things this year instead of next. Roger and Don act like they are big shot ad execs, but they bring absolutely nothing to the table other than comeback lines when customers ask pointed questions. That whole crap out in California was such a waste of time (except for the time the Mustang was shown). Same Roger chasing young tail and same Don drinking/inhaling everything he can get his hands on. In fact its the same everything with these 2 guys all the time. I'd love to know what these 2 cost the company per year in salary & bennies vs what they actually put out. Sorry for the rant, but just tired of seeing a once great show head slowly down the crapper.

Tragically you're right. The creative juice is dried up. Matt Weiner should have wrapped it up this year.

Still love the business scenes but there is nothing more boring or more indicative of lazy writing than a drug trip scene (again! how many have we seen already?). I literally groan everytime any drug of any kind is shown on the screen because I know we are thisclose to some stupid drug trip scene.

Still love the business scenes but there is nothing more boring or more indicative of lazy writing than a drug trip scene (again! how many have we seen already?). I literally groan everytime any drug of any kind is shown on the screen because I know we are thisclose to some stupid drug trip scene.

Oh I still love the business scenes but really only Peggy/Ted/Harry can really bring any lumber to the scene. Its like for some reason Don is just "used up" mentally. In our business, if it even looks like an account might be in trouble or "circling the drain" as Don/Roger say, we go all out to save it. They just flush it. Other than the tobacco account (which they still lost) or Mohawk Air (which Pete saved), I can't think of one they have tried to save lately.

Even with Lucky Strike, Don ceremoniously flushed it with the anti-smoking ad.

Oh I still love the business scenes but really only Peggy/Ted/Harry can really bring any lumber to the scene. Its like for some reason Don is just "used up" mentally. In our business, if it even looks like an account might be in trouble or "circling the drain" as Don/Roger say, we go all out to save it. They just flush it. Other than the tobacco account (which they still lost) or Mohawk Air (which Pete saved), I can't think of one they have tried to save lately.

exactly. we're in triage with one of the accounts i work on right now and eeeeverybody's working on it in some capacity. it's priority #1 to save it and basically all hands on deck. maybe things have changed since the olden days but that's not how things work with us at least.

exactly. we're in triage with one of the accounts i work on right now and eeeeverybody's working on it in some capacity. it's priority #1 to save it and basically all hands on deck. maybe things have changed since the olden days but that's not how things work with us at least.

lots of manpower to manage 140 character tweets, amirite?

Keep in mind, said account was a Jewish wine maker in 1968 and it was handled by Roger. That accounts for some of the attitude.

Back