• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mad Men Season 6 returns April 7

From my understanding, they didn't fire Don, they just asked him to take time off, yes? You can't fire a partner without buying them out.

I expect he will make it to CA for next season somehow, whether it's with SCP or his own firm, which he opens from whatever he makes off his buyout.

They don't want him to work there and won't give him a return date and aren't paying him. That's fired.

Don should pull a Peter Gibbons and go work construction.

I have a lot of questions with Pete. Why wasn't he at the Partners meeting? You know he wouldn't miss the chance to "fire" Don for the world, especially not to move furniture out of his mom's house and see his kid. Did Chevy drop the agency? They ran through the two most senior account men in a couple of weeks, will they cut their losses and move on? I just can't see Bob Benson running that account by himself.

The absence of Pete at the partners' meeting is what makes me suspicious of his trip to LA. It gives credence to the idea that he's gone from SC&P as well.

They don't want him to work there and won't give him a return date and aren't paying him. That's fired.

He will make out handsomely then with his buyout, since they can't force him out without buying his share of the company.

I hope we see plenty of Dick in CA next season. I hope it doesn't have the same arc as this season did though, where Don eventually comes back to SCP just as Peggy did.

Back